Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10 Days out of warranty Model 3 heating failure...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've successfully applied an earlier version of it to get a car fault resolved to my satisfaction that was not covered by warranty. In fact, the vehicle inspection highlighted a setup issue that resulted in the manufacturer changing their setup recommendations. So as well as being a win for me, it was also a win for the manufacturer who were able to mitigate the issue in other customer vehicles.
When was this applied relative to the age of the car? Was it also a few days after warranty or do you mean it was just an issue not covered under warranty in general?

It was effectively wear and tear so not covered under warranty.

Basically I went through a set of tyres in about 10k miles and at first service I was told that I needed a new set. Not Tesla BTW.

I argued that it was unreasonable that the car needed a new set of tyres at that low mileage. It was disputed and blamed on other factors so I cited the relevant law at the time and forced an inspection.

The inspection found that the cars ride height was causing the issue. The manufacturer changed their ride height parameters and I got a new set of tyres less a reasonable deduction for the mileage that I had covered on the original set.

Wear and tear was not a warranty item, irrespective of age if vehicle.. But it was deemed that in my case it was caused by an inherent setup issue either from factory or from previous PDI. Had I not pushed my rights, I would have been up for a full priced set of tyres. I didn't have to win any case, just stand my ground and have consumer rights as a leverage.