Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor “X-Care EV Protection” - First 3rd Party Service Agreement for Model S, Model X and Model 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I just found out about Xcare tonight and I know there are quite a few posts in this thread, but I wanted to get some information. I have a 2019 model X with around 59,000 miles and is just about to go out of warranty, that is the one year added used car warranty.

I have been debating trading in the care vs keeping without a warranty, so I am very pleased to find this option.

Now I have had a few issues since buying the used X through Tesla. All of them have been covered under the warranty. One was needing the high voltage battery replaced. I think that would continue to be covered under the battery warranty which goes to 2027. The issue is that Tesla had my car for two rounds of 3 week periods to fix the issue. Tesla was great in giving me a Tesla loaner.

How does it work with Xcare and loaners. I am not sure how it even works with tesla if an issue occurs on an out of warranty problem. Does anyone know if they still provide loaners? Is one charged for the loaner if it is an out of warranty issue? Also with Xclear how does it work?

Thanks
I know you are looking for owner input, so I'll keep this brief. On average, Tesla repairs are completed between one and four days, and XCare has rental assistance up to five days@ $50/day. Tesla provides loaners for in-warranty vehicles only, and has also recently discontinued Uber credits, so sadly they would not be much help after their warranty expires, but at least we help with your rental expenses. I'll leave the rest to the others on this thread, but feel free to reach out to us directly or visit our website for lots of info www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare

I know you are looking for owner input, so I'll keep this brief. On average, Tesla repairs are completed between one and four days, and XCare has rental assistance up to five days@ $50/day. Tesla provides loaners for in-warranty vehicles only, and has also recently discontinued Uber credits, so sadly they would not be much help after their warranty expires, but at least we help with your rental expenses. I'll leave the rest to the others on this thread, but feel free to reach out to us directly or visit our website for lots of info www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare
Thanks that does help

Reactions: XCare EV
Hi
I just found out about Xcare tonight and I know there are quite a few posts in this thread, but I wanted to get some information. I have a 2019 model X with around 59,000 miles and is just about to go out of warranty, that is the one year added used car warranty.

I have been debating trading in the care vs keeping without a warranty, so I am very pleased to find this option.

Now I have had a few issues since buying the used X through Tesla. All of them have been covered under the warranty. One was needing the high voltage battery replaced. I think that would continue to be covered under the battery warranty which goes to 2027. The issue is that Tesla had my car for two rounds of 3 week periods to fix the issue. Tesla was great in giving me a Tesla loaner.

How does it work with Xcare and loaners. I am not sure how it even works with tesla if an issue occurs on an out of warranty problem. Does anyone know if they still provide loaners? Is one charged for the loaner if it is an out of warranty issue? Also with Xclear how does it work?

Thanks

Loaners are purely up to Tesla Service to give out if they have any. To my understanding, if you have any issues that are not covered by warranty, then they dont give you a loaner, nor do they give you uber credits (happened to me twice in my 2022 Model S for issues that were deemed outside of warranty, which was incredibly frustrating).

I have used the rental car reimbursement with my XCare, and i believe they reimburse $50 a day for a few days. I only needed it for 2 days which came out to be around $100 that I got back.

Reactions: m2s2 and XCare EV