Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Europe Get Amped ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EV_de

Model SP10/XP9 EU ZOE#47
Jun 11, 2009
Germany, IN
Waiting 3 1/2 year now ... watching all your videos and pictures from the Fremont Event drives me Nuts ....

Want to "Get Amped" now

plugged_in.jpg

If as a start we could at least have some official pricing, that would be a good start.
US got that 6 month before hand. So I think, July, August the latest would be the right time to address European customers.
Otherwise pre-orders will stay as low as they are now.

- Test drives should happen in the October/November time frame

I always assumed, that they can't offer test drives as long as homologation isn't finished.

So why would they be able to offer test drives in that time frame, but not be able to deliver Signature Model S to their customers?

IMO they either will start test drives early next year, after they started delivering the first cars to European customers or they are far ahead of the original homologation timetable.

As much as I hope that the later is true, I seriously doubt the October/November time frame for European test drives.

Where do we expect the test drive events to be scheduled?

My personal thoughts:

- You need at least one event in Norway, near Oslo. We're the biggest market for Tesla outside the US so it's quite natural. (Arguably you could have an additional event in Stavanger or Bergen.)
- There should be at least one event in Belgium/Netherlands, maybe near the Eindhoven store.
- There should be one event in the Zürich area.

That takes care of the biggest clusters of reservations on the Model S/X reservation map, but where else?

I've been told by Tesla UK that theres approx 70 Roadsters in the UK, but does anyone know what the approx distribution of cars is within the EU ?

Also, if the first Model S did turn up in Oslo, I'd be straight over! Fortunately I have a very hospitable friend there, who might also convert to the Church of EV if he takes a test drive :biggrin:

I've been told by Tesla UK that theres approx 70 Roadsters in the UK, but does anyone know what the approx distribution of cars is within the EU ?
I believe there's around 80 Roadsters over here, but I don't know where the rest of them are. The Roadster distribution is probably distributed more according to population size and GDP than the Model S. I think we can assume there's only a given percentage of a population that can afford a $125k toy. A family car however is easier to spend money on for a larger percentage of the popultation, in places where there is sufficient incentive.

Also, if the first Model S did turn up in Oslo, I'd be straight over! Fortunately I have a very hospitable friend there, who might also convert to the Church of EV if he takes a test drive :biggrin:
It would be awesome if we were first, but I think it's too much to hope for. Usually they focus on markets that have bigger potential. Norway simply doesn't have a lot of people, so the potential for sales isn't enormous. I do think we should have a test drive event though, anything else and I would be disappointed.

I believe there's around 80 Roadsters over here, but I don't know where the rest of them are.

Not sure how reliable this is, but wiki states that there is 250 distributed around EU :-

Tesla Roadster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That means 1 Roadster for every 1,250,000 other people in the EU !!!

Also, it mentions the amazing Roadster in Germany that must be heading towards 140,000 mile point by now. Tesla should make more PR noise about that EV achievement :-

"As of 8 May 2012, Hansjoerg von Gemmingen of Karlsruhe / Germany drove his Tesla Roadster 205,711 kilometers (127,823 miles) in four years, this being the mileage world record for all-electric vehicles.[82] "

Last edited: