Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Drive Info Is Up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loganss View Post
    Any word on whether guests can just watch the test drive event or can ride along?
    If the cars are now street legal there's nothing to stop passengers going along for the ride.

P4398
    Quote Originally Posted by gg_wants_a_tesla View Post
    You may still have a shot at cancelling the flight tickets courtesy the new DoT regulations that went into effect in January this year:

Press Release | U.S. Department of Transportation

Policies by airline:
    Airlines' courtesy fare-hold and 24-hour cancel/change policies - Airfarewatchdog
    Thanks for the information. I bought the tix on Southwest, so I can change them without losing money. I can't cancel as it a family vacation and meeting them in NY. We have a planned beach rental for the duration. So, I could change the flight to come back on Saturday the 14th (at no add'l cost) or Sunday the 15th (about $200 more in fare for my wife and me). But then we'd have to get back to the airport while the rest of the family is still down at the shore. I'll sit on it for now, and see if anything changes.

I'd defintiely like to get back for the test drive, but I'd have to do some negotiating with my family to do it. The other part of the equation would be the possiblity of future test drives. I'm not going to take delivery til November at the earliest (and that's optimistic given my number in the queue). Which would mean an order in the August/September timeline. With the new store opening in Scottsdale, I'm thinking there will be another chance later before I have to place the order.

If I wait, I'll just have to live vicariously through all of you people here

Sig X#1100 and X#1618 Discoducky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loganss View Post
    Any word on whether guests can just watch the test drive event or can ride along?
    Fully street legal so I plan on filling every seat, if they'll let me, including jump seats, if available, and putting my foot to floor on the highway on ramp.

July 15th in Scottsdale AZ. I wonder if that means that the new Fashion Square store will be open by then which would be really quick as it is was still boarded up a couple weeks ago.

I hope they will allow passengers as I want to make sure my wife gets to finally see the car and gets to drive/ride in it.

Reserved Model X - Seq: 8009, Reservation date: 20-Feb-2014
    Power provided by a SolarCity Array of 11.3kW
    Reserving a Model ☰ - as soon as tesla takes reservations

MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891 spatterso911's Avatar
    Really exciting news!! I had hoped that the test drives would start right away after deliveries began

DAMNIT! Both weekends in the Bay Area I will not be here to test drive, first weekend I'll be in San Diego and the next in Las Vegas! **SIGH**

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BYT_P1,837 View Post
    DAMNIT! Both weekends in the Bay Area I will not be here to test drive, first weekend I'll be in San Diego and the next in Las Vegas! **SIGH**
    Are you the same BYT over on the official forums who just got offered a Sig slot?! If so, you'll probably be getting your car by July and can give the rest of us additional test drives!
    VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, Firmware v5.11, 28,000+ blissful miles since January 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by gg_wants_a_tesla View Post
    Are you the same BYT over on the official forums who just got offered a Sig slot?! If so, you'll probably be getting your car by July and can give the rest of us additional test drives!
    LOL, true and yes, that is me, but if I get on that sig list I expect that I would be one of the last and most likely would wait until August or September for it?

Wow!! This is exciting. July 20-22. Now to find out which NY store...

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BYT_P1,837 View Post
    LOL, true and yes, that is me, but if I get on that sig list I expect that I would be one of the last and most likely would wait until August or September for it?
    At the rate they are going, early-to-mid August is very doable even for the straggler Sigs, I think.

If you do pull the trigger on the Sig, please keep me in mind for a more thorough looking over when you get it (I'll not compel you to offer a test drive) I work in Redwood Shores...
    VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, Firmware v5.11, 28,000+ blissful miles since January 2013!

Thread Information