Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Charging in Upstate New York (or maybe Vermont)

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    The Inn at Wethersfield states:
    Newly Installed!!.... Vermont's first hotel with an EV Charging Station for your electric vehicle!!!
    Unfortunately, only Level 1, and only available to registered guests.
    Last edited by Robert.Boston; 2012-01-29 at 08:40 AM.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    New Haven is full of EVSE options. In addition to the aforementioned Omni hotel, there is an EVSE at Union Station, and chargers in the city parking garages at 155 Temple St. and 260 Crown St.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by agileone View Post
    If you decide to go the "long" way, by going down thru Vermont, since there seems to be more charging stations on that side than upstate NY, you could stop for the night in Montreal.
    Montreal is only a two hour drive from here; if I'm going to stay overnight somewhere I'd rather do another hop first. Do you know what the deal is at the Sheraton? Do I have to stay there to access the charger?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    New Haven is full of EVSE options. In addition to the aforementioned Omni hotel, there is an EVSE at Union Station, and chargers in the city parking garages at 155 Temple St. and 260 Crown St.
    Thanks for the info. I've pondered whether to add Connecticut and Massachusetts into the list, but they've got higher population densities and it's a bit easier to find charge points there. What I'm trying to do is establish some EV travel routes through the very lightly populated areas south of the Canadian border. The target audience is people in upstate NY / VT and ON / QC.

Happy Model S Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhrivnak View Post
    Try looking at PlugShare - Electric Vehicle Charging Network. that is the best online app I have found to locate charging stations. There seems to be many options in upstate NY, Vermont and Canada
    I can't actually get this working. Not without signing up, which I won't. There's just a blank grey space in the middle of the screen.

EDIT: Got it working. It requires allowing Facebook Connect to track your Internet activity, which I don't think is appropriate. Anyway, it does seem to think that there are public J1772s in Syracuse -- mostly by Blink, but also at Burdick Nissan -- and at the Maguire Nissan dealer in Ithaca. I don't know whether any of them are for real; you'd probably have to call and check. If I make it to Syracuse any time soon (which is kind of unlikely) I may go around and check all of them.
    Last edited by neroden; 2012-01-29 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    Montreal is only a two hour drive from here; if I'm going to stay overnight somewhere I'd rather do another hop first. Do you know what the deal is at the Sheraton? Do I have to stay there to access the charger?
    What about the myriad chargers mentioned in the Quebec thread?

With plug-share for one to get the full benefit, at least on the Android app you need location services set up as it shows all charging opportunites near you.

After being burned by two other charging lists that had phantom chargers that could not found on a long trip, I have been pleased with the accuracy of Plug Share at least for Tennessee.
    Last edited by dhrivnak; 2012-02-26 at 07:30 PM.

CDN P#40
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBissell View Post
    What about the myriad chargers mentioned in the Quebec thread?
    There are only a handful of these chargers out there at this point. By the end of the year, there should be 90 across the province.

Your only option in Montreal today is the downtown Sheraton.

CDN P#40
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post

I will try to find out this week....

should check if the EVSEs at the AMT station at Ste Dorothee in Laval are open to others that are not in their pilot program. There is a volt that is parked and plugged in there most days of the week but there are two charge stations available ...

Thread Information