Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Upgrades Page on Tesla Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The interior sound reduction kit is $3000 plus sales taxes. The price is mainly due to the fact that they have to take most of the car apart to install it. I'm toying with the idea of getting it installed as part of my next yearly maintenance.

I did this for my 2.0 Roadster. I am very happy with it. I can now have a conversation at highway speeds ( with the top on )

+1 on the sound reduction kit. I had it done at the same time they did the window seal fix on my 1.5. Between the two, what a difference!

I'm still thinking about the suspension and various CF bits. But I'd really like to see the headlight upgrade get posted. At this point, my bike like is brighter than my Roadster's headlights!

I'll have the headlight upgrade in early December but I'm sure others will have it before then.
I'm trying to decide if the carbon fiber door sills will look good if the rest of the interior doesn't have carbon fiber accents (it is an all black leather interior on a white car with exterior carbon fiber accents). Any thoughts?

I'll have the headlight upgrade in early December but I'm sure others will have it before then.
I'm trying to decide if the carbon fiber door sills will look good if the rest of the interior doesn't have carbon fiber accents (it is an all black leather interior on a white car with exterior carbon fiber accents). Any thoughts?

The CF sills are a major improvement over the stock plastic ones. My roadster has a black (with red inserts) interior and I think the sills were probably one best upgrades I have done thus far.

I wonder what they use for their NVH material and how it compares to Dynamat?

I ended adding 4 Dynamat kits to the Roadster sound kit. The majority of the Tesla material looked and applied very similar but Dynamat is a little thicker. The Roadster kit also had some fiber mats (reminded me of a comforter) that went behind the doors and seats.

Last edited:
speaking of upgrades, has anyone upgraded their single DIN radio setup (on a 1.5 or 2.0) to the 2.5 double DIN setup? cost happy with the decision? did you go with the stock double DIN head unit or another?

Single Din is also on the 2.5's (if you order a roadster without the upgraded electronics package)....From what I understand there is a crossmember which is located behind the radio which may prevent older Tesla Roadsters from merely putting in the double-din bezel and adding in a double-din head unit?

I put in a single DIN flip up - you'd have to cut up the dash if you wanted a double DIN unit. The only disadvantage is that the screen will block the vents above the stereo. On the 2.5's the vents are smaller to accommodate the screen.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P6300BT-Receiver-Control-Bluetooth/dp/B004HW6F88

Single Din is also on the 2.5's (if you order a roadster without the upgraded electronics package)....From what I understand there is a crossmember which is located behind the radio which may prevent older Tesla Roadsters from merely putting in the double-din bezel and adding in a double-din head unit?

I put in a single DIN flip up - you'd have to cut up the dash if you wanted a double DIN unit. The only disadvantage is that the screen will block the vents above the stereo. On the 2.5's the vents are smaller to accommodate the screen.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P6300BT-Receiver-Control-Bluetooth/dp/B004HW6F88

Tesla sells an upgraded bezel which replaces the vents with the half vents (as seen on the double-din models).

2.5 Double Din Radio Bezel/surround for the NAV option.