Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago-Parking the X in a Garage, tight space (Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got our Model X yesterday. My husband and I were trying to figure out the best way to park our Teslas. If I park front first, I can transfer the cable easy. If I park rear first, the FWD will open with no problem. With some practice, we think we will be fine with parking front first so we can transfer the cable easily. Watch until the end and you'll see when I didn't pull up enough :redface:

Parking the Model X in a High-Rise Garage - YouTube

Dang that scratch sucks, are there any visible marks on the door?
You should hang a tennis ball from a string connected to the ceiling. That would help you know that you are pulled in far enough.

tennis ball parking.jpg

We got our Model X yesterday. My husband and I were trying to figure out the best way to park our Teslas. If I park front first, I can transfer the cable easy. If I park rear first, the FWD will open with no problem. With some practice, we think we will be fine with parking front first so we can transfer the cable easily. Watch until the end and you'll see when I didn't pull up enough :redface:

Parking the Model X in a High-Rise Garage - YouTube

That scratch!!! OUCH!!! I'm hurtin' inside, and it's not even my X! Please get that checked, and please tell me know what Tesla does to make sure it never happens ever again!