Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New (soon-to-be) 85D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue, tan next-gen, pano, piano black, autopilot, air suspension, subzero, 19"

I've been following (and investing in) Tesla for a while now. A couple years ago I knew my next car was going to be an EV. Thinking it was insane to drop 100K on a Tesla, I ended up buying a Volt. The Volt's been a good car, but after awhile I started thinking more seriously about making the leap to a Tesla. Being a tech geek, features like autopilot, summon, etc are pretty awesome. A couple weeks ago, after walking past the Tesla store at the local mall for years, I finally went in. A couple days later, I was behind the wheel of a P90DL, which I borrowed for a few hours for an extended test drive. When I got back to the mall, I placed the order :smile:.

Hey jmsurpri - I'm in nearly an identical condition. I ordered my 85D on 1/22, confirmed and got VIN on 1/30, delivery says "late February - March". And I'm only a few miles north of you. And the wait is killing me!!

BTW - mine is blue, grey next-gen, matte obeche, pano roof, air suspension, auto pilot, standard 19" wheels. We will probably get ours at the same time. Maybe we should do a meet-up at the Centralia SuperCharger for a coffee after we get our cars?

Coffee? Cars? Free supercharging? I'm in! I'll have to somehow convince my wife to let me to make the 200 mile round trip :)

Looks like we configured pretty similar cars. I had the matte obeche interior initially without air suspension, but after test-driving with/without air suspension, I decided to get the air and offset the cost a little by going with the standard piano black interior.

I too am on a similar schedule. Got my vin on 2/2. Similar specs as well. S 85D, Midnight Silver, Black standard seats and black alcantara, AP, Subzero, UHDSS. I'm scheduled for Late March/Early April delivery to Pittsburgh (Cleveland SC), so consider yourselves lucky as it looks like you'll be getting your cars a month ahead of me. Please provide updates on your delivery schedule. Thanks.

If the reports are true, it doesn't look like you'll be an 85D owner. You'll either be asked to pay more for a 90D or less for a 70D.
I doubt that will happen. I'm certain the simply accepted 85 orders until they were out of the stock of 85 batteries. There might be a few 85 orders right at the end that are offered a choice to bump up to a 90 , if it proves necessary

Had been anticipating to get a Toyota Land Cruiser as the ultimate vehicle of choice to do road trips in my retirement. When I am ready to purchase it, a couple of hours of research on Tesla Model S totally changed my mind on Land Cruiser. Ordered 85D on 1/10/2016, to be delivered late February/early March. Titanium color, grey next gen seats, auto pilot (number one reason), premium interior, smart air suspension (after driving BMW M3 for 5 years, this becomes a must-have). By the way, the number two reaon is the super chargers system; what can be better than traveling with no fuel cost? Number 3: it is designed like a station wagon, a couple can sleep in there comfortably, not that I intend to save lodging expense.

Blue, tan next-gen, pano, piano black, autopilot, air suspension, subzero, 19"

I've been following (and investing in) Tesla for a while now. A couple years ago I knew my next car was going to be an EV. Thinking it was insane to drop 100K on a Tesla, I ended up buying a Volt. The Volt's been a good car, but after awhile I started thinking more seriously about making the leap to a Tesla. Being a tech geek, features like autopilot, summon, etc are pretty awesome. A couple weeks ago, after walking past the Tesla store at the local mall for years, I finally went in. A couple days later, I was behind the wheel of a P90DL, which I borrowed for a few hours for an extended test drive. When I got back to the mall, I placed the order :smile:.

Couldn't agree with you more. Love my 2011 Volt, but the Tesla is the only LOGICAL next step for us! Congratulations!