Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proactive Contactor and Battery Upgrade Surprise!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the winter tire package and then made an appointment to bring the car in when I was informed that it had arrived at the SC in Dedham, Ma. The car is a 2012 Signature P85 with 35K miles.

Two days prior to the appointment I received a call informing me that they wanted to keep the car for a couple of days to install some upgrades that were indicated in their database.

I delivered the car today and was told that they would inspect and upgrade the contactors, drop the battery and probably send it to Fremont for an upgrade. In the meantime they would install a loaner battery. Of course I was given a loaner (2014 P85).

I have to say the I am impressed by this proactive approach. This is a CPO car with a renewed warranty so I am assuming that this proactive maintenance makes sense for Tesla, and of course, for me.

While I was there I noticed a Model X in the lot. Unfortunately it was a customer car so I wasn't able to open it up and climb all over it!

Btw, I forgot to mention. The entire service staff at the Dedham SC is incredibly attentive, hands on, and an absolute joy to deal with!

A very nice story... Can you explain your CPO "renewed warranty" which you mentioned? I have not followed the CPO program and wonder what that warranty is?

Very simply, when you purchase a CPO car you get a four year 50,000 mile warranty. You also receive 24 hour roadside assistance. This makes it very attractive IMHO. Details under the preowned link on the website.