Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Default 19" rims partly blacked-out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some time ago I saw a post of someone that changed the default 19" rims, he blacked out parts of it. It looked awesome but I didn't save the picture. I was thinking about doing the same thing but now looking for the example. Anybody remember seeing this?

Just to explain better: they were not completely blacked out.

Tnx!

I think you are talking about these rims from T-Sportline:

T-Sportline-BlackGold-Factory-Wheel-23-624x416-new.jpg

t-sportline-blackgold-factory-wheel-12-new.jpg

I really like the look of these as well, but they aren't listed for sale on the T-Sportline website. I emailed them about the rims a few months back and they said that the rims were s special project that they had done for a client and that if I wanted to do the same the charge would be $4,000 for a new set of 19" rims done like this. I could then send them back my 19" stock rims as a trade in once I had the new ones installed and I would receive $1,000 back for mine. This is way more than I'm willing to spend for this look so I passed on the offer, but for anyone else interested, you might try contacting them and see if they are still doing these.

I know some local guys that do a lot of custom car work with a PlastiDip-like product and they said they could do all four rims like this for around $300, so I'm probably going to go that route. Maybe, I'll post some pics when it's done.

Hope this helps.

I was looking at re-doing the barrels (inside) of the wheels on one of my other cars. There are quite a few videos on YouTube that can explain the process in detail. They also give tips on the correct paint products to use. There are some that are specifically made for high heat/wheels. The process looks quite easy - if you are handy and have the time. And quite inexpensive if you are into DIY work.