Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(MXP) I cannot decide between black and cream interiors (out is no-go from the boss), is black monotonous?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White is out.

I can't decide!

Talk me out of Cream (or Black).

Can i hear from anyone that has gone through this same trade off and decided on one versus the other?

I know this is (very) subjective, and (strongly) comes down to individual taste(s).

Does MXP carbon fiber decor blend better with all black interior?

Seen several online clips, but still can't decide !!!

Where i'm hung up on is whether the cream look less sportier than the all black? In other words the cream gives the interior the "feel of" less aggressive look?

(Besides the $2K price difference)

1712617504352.jpeg

1712617521570.jpeg

Last edited:
I, too, face the dilemma of which interior color! I know the decision is subjective, but I choose cream. My rationale is that black is dull and shows dust the most, black/white is too sharp a contrast and the white would have a greater reflection on the glass. Cream is a reasonable compromise!

I went with black due to wanting a tax edition one and getting white or cream would push the price above $80K.

It would be cool if the cream was a bit darker reddish like the Bentley interiors but the cream shade of the tesla is nice too.
Would be cool also if they offered a reddish accent interior to be available only in in the Plaid like they did/do with Lexus GS350 F-Sport where you had an optional red trim available only at the F-Sport option level.

I too have been driving many cars with black interior including my previous MSLR. My MXP has white interior. I am SO HAPPY that I went with the white interior. I LOVE it. It is so beautiful. I will never go back to black.

The white (looks too futuristic ???) and cream (too Buick'ish ???) just don't look "sportier"? Of course, this is 100% subjective.

Besides the cream for a bit "darker" than white (but lighter than black), i would have (preferred) wanted a more "brownish", what BMW calls "cognac" color. This is what the family X3 has over the otherwise black.

1713479577664.png

We got the cream and like it. No regrets. I think it makes the interior seem bigger. All black seems too cave-like to me... kind of a downer vibe. But to each his own, it probably mostly reflects the interior color of the first car we were driven in as a kid more than anything.

I wouldn't want black in any warm or hot climate. Maybe in Seattle or Chicago though.

I also agree with ev919 that the cream should be a nice brown instead.

Reactions: ev919
We got the cream and like it. No regrets. I think it makes the interior seem bigger. All black seems too cave-like to me... kind of a downer vibe. But to each his own, it probably mostly reflects the interior color of the first car we were driven in as a kid more than anything.

I wouldn't want black in any warm or hot climate. Maybe in Seattle or Chicago though.

I also agree with ev919 that the cream should be a nice brown instead.
With recent price drop, i (just) might go with the Cream. :) Thank you for the support !

Reactions: davenlei