Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to replace the bulb behind the air conditioner controls on my 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to replace the bulb behind the air conditioner controls console. I have found the thread on dealing with the ipod connector, but I believe that I need to get the entire center (with the gear selector buttons) out so that I can remove the console with the air conditioner controls.
So far I've removed the ipod section, the screws under the gear shift console, and the screws under the air conditioner controls panel.

Perhaps I should ask the question if anyone has changed this bulb?

It uses an electroluminescent panel, its all bonded and integrated together. There's no way to fix or replace the integrated lighting, only thing you can hope for is that they somehow put the ribbon cable that supplies the power on wrong. Otherwise its a very expensive fix to buy a new overpriced panel from Tesla.

Here's a clip from the Lotus forum talking about the same issue. It looks like you'll be the pioneer taking it apart.

Backlighting on HVAC controls - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

It uses an electroluminescent panel, its all bonded and integrated together. There's no way to fix or replace the integrated lighting, only thing you can hope for is that they somehow put the ribbon cable that supplies the power on wrong. Otherwise its a very expensive fix to buy a new overpriced panel from Tesla.

Here's a clip from the Lotus forum talking about the same issue. It looks like you'll be the pioneer taking it apart.

Backlighting on HVAC controls - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

Once again, wiztecy to the rescue!

Unfortunately I couldn't find any details on how to get to the back of the hvac panel in the links you provided.

I am currently stuck trying to remove the center console (with the gear selector buttons) so that I can remove the hvac console. At least this makes the most sense to me.

I have the ipod cover off but don't see what connects the center console to the car.

Once again, wiztecy to the rescue!

Unfortunately I couldn't find any details on how to get to the back of the hvac panel in the links you provided.

I am currently stuck trying to remove the center console (with the gear selector buttons) so that I can remove the hvac console. At least this makes the most sense to me.

I have the ipod cover off but don't see what connects the center console to the car.

There may be some details here: 1.5 center shift / ac console illuminated orange when lights on?