Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't afford a Tesla yet, but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
rolosolar.jpg

I just had this 3.3 kW array installed on my house last week. I get a really good solar profile with no shade at all on my south side. Though it is often cloudy, the payback should be 5-8 years.

I just had this 3.3 kW array installed on my house last week. I get a really good solar profile with no shade at all on my south side. Though it is often cloudy, the payback should be 5-8 years.

I just got a letter from PSE saying that they're reducing production credits next year... I guess that's kind of a good sign since it means more people are choosing to install solar.

It's true, but there's still the wildly unsustainable state subsidies. I timed my install so can minimize the time to get the federal tax credit. With cheap power and lots of clouds, it's hard to make solar economical here. But we do have lots of wind and hydro.

Congratulations.:smile:

It's true, but there's still the wildly unsustainable state subsidies. I timed my install so can minimize the time to get the federal tax credit. With cheap power and lots of clouds, it's hard to make solar economical here. But we do have lots of wind and hydro.

It is difficult for alternatives to compete with the grid, it is not a level playing field. That being said, 5-8 years payback is not that bad.

Nice looking solar system. What type of panels did you use and what inverter ?

itek energy HE solar modules and bluefrogsolar microinverters. Both are manufactured in Washington State to take advantage of the maximum state production incentives.

- - - Updated - - -

Partake in one (or both) of the two Model S auctions: CXCs Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle | Climate XChange
and ISEA | Illinois Solar Energy AssociationShop - ISEA | ISEA

(Citizens of the USA only)

The problem with those raffles is that I could buy a Model S worth of tickets and still not win. The curse (blessing?) of understanding probability theory.