Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Triple Upgrade -- One Happy Camper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a two-year old P85. Yesterday, i decided to upgrade the car to the next gen seats, new TPMS sensors, and the LTE upgrade. I feel like i have a new car again. thanks to the Rockville, MD SC for making it all happen and for letting me get a P85D loaner with autosteer.

If you haven't tried out autosteer and parallel parking assist, I urge you to take a test drive in one. It is amazing technology.

How much to upgrade the front seats?

I have a two-year old P85. Yesterday, i decided to upgrade the car to the next gen seats, new TPMS sensors, and the LTE upgrade. I feel like i have a new car again. thanks to the Rockville, MD SC for making it all happen and for letting me get a P85D loaner with autosteer.

If you haven't tried out autosteer and parallel parking assist, I urge you to take a test drive in one. It is amazing technology.

To add perspective, OP could have bought a used 2012 LEAF for the same price
Yes, but then I'd have a 2012 Leaf...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for not responding earlier. The total cost, including sales tax, was $7512. And I love it. And yes, the seat upgrade is only for the front seats.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I understand on a 2y old P85 such an upgrade is more than just the sensors, you would need a new receiver and wiring which should be quite costly. Could you confirm this ?

You are correct. The parts list includes a receiver for $475. The total price was around $1K.

- - - Updated - - -

How much to upgrade the front seats?

$5616.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious - was the cost what was already said here on the forums? And it's front only?

The whole thing was $7500. The seats were front only and cost $5616 installed.

They are INCREDIBLY comfortable. The only caution, and I think others have said this as well, is that if you are a big person (width wise, if you catch my drift), the side bolsters might be a bit confining. But they are so comfortable. I cannot wait for our next road trip.

I catch your drift, but each person is build differently.

I'm skinny and tall, and I disliked the next gen seats. The side bolsters were too confining for me, I was glad that I ordered when I did, because now you can't get any other color besides black in "regular" leather seats.