Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone mounted 255/45-19 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season +? Clear front suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this tire in 255's : http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Plus&partnum=545VR9CP7ASP

anybody mount these? I know there are ppl here who have mounted the 245s. I have had the 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 and have had 34k miles on them but due to worn bushings on my rear upper control arms that I opted not to replace a month ago when the DU was swapped, well I destroyed the rest of the tires unfortunately (guess I should have listened to them lol). The tire feathered on the rear left (causing the loud noise which is why I brought it into service) and the rear right I burned the inner shoulder down almost right to the cords. they swapped the front and back tires in the meantime while I figure out what I want to do. (just to make sure I dont burn through to the cords and blow out over the next week or two).

I have scheduled an appt in 2 weeks to do the "100k yearly service" which includes flushing coolant (I am at 78k miles now, and my last "yearly service" was April `14 when I was at 45k miles) and replace the rear upper control arms. This is gonna cost me like $1700 not even including the tires yet, :(. I'm just not sure if I should go with 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 again or if I should try 255/45-19 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. The Michelins are AWESOME but blew in snow (I got stuck twice and also couldn't make it up 2 different driveways last winter).

My concern is that the overall diameter of these 255 Pirelli's is 28.2" and I'm not sure if that'll clear suspension in the front. The OEM 19s are 27.7" in diameter. The 255 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 are 28.0" and they were fine. Keep in mind I also have the TSportline TST Turbines so the offset is 5mm further out so not sure if that helps.

I love these Michelins but the Pirelli's are better rated in every category especially for winter/snow. Thoughts?

tires.png

so I just had these mounted this morning at local tire ship and then dropped my car off to Tesla Service for annual service as well as replacing the rear upper control arms and alignment. Tesla's already called me to say that whoever mounted my tires this morning stripped all 20 lug nuts and now I need new ones and its going to cost me $100. DAMMIT that sucks but oh well. at least I coordinated the tire mounting with service so that I wasn't driving around with stripped lugs and bad alignment and bad control arms. i dont have anything to say yet really for these tires other than they seem quiet and smooth. i'll test their grip and handling on the way home today. i'm really curious about their performance in ice and snow and whether or not it'll make it up my new driveway but I dont know about that until around november/december.

fyi I was concerned about the diameter of the tire since they are 255s and overall diameter is 28.2" (which is 0.5" bigger than the OEM 245s 27.7"). the pirellis do seem to clear everything fine and only slight rubbing again in reverse at full turn which was expected. seem fine though in normal driving and turns.

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG

I have the 245 version of these tires and really like them...only complaint is that they have a bit of a softer feel, but the grip is great (far better than the Goodyears the car came with) and they are quiet and smooth as you mentioned. After about 10,000 miles I've barely seen any wear on them. I have dedicated winter tires, so I can't comment on how they perform in the snow/ice, although I've heard they're pretty good, especially for an all season.

As for your lugs, the Tesla OEM lugs seem to be very soft and get ruined if you're not super careful. I had a tire shop destroy several of mine as well. I swapped mine out with these gorilla lugs:

Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 61147CX Chrome 13/16 (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size) Hex Lug Nut, (Pack of 4): Automotive

These have been great and are the appropriate size for the Tesla factory 19" standard wheels (not sure if the TSportline wheels use the same lug).

As for your lugs, the Tesla OEM lugs seem to be very soft and get ruined if you're not super careful. I had a tire shop destroy several of mine as well. I swapped mine out with these gorilla lugs:

Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 61147CX Chrome 13/16 (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size) Hex Lug Nut, (Pack of 4): Automotive

These have been great and are the appropriate size for the Tesla factory 19" standard wheels (not sure if the TSportline wheels use the same lug).

Saved this to my Amazon cart just in case I need a set some day. Thanks!

Does your 255 Pirellis look even more "fuller" on profile? I still remember your pics w/the Michellins and loved how the 255s filled the wheel arches and you mentioned that the Pirellis are even wider.

And are the Pirellis that much quieter than the Michellins? Everyone mentions how quiet they are.

(Edit: I posted this In another thread and meant to post it here, usually I never cross post)

I'm on the fence so far. Maybe the Michelin's spoiled me for their dry traction.

Recorded video of take off

They certainly don't have the dry traction that my previous Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's had. I'm able to get these Pirelli's to peel out pretty easily. :(. Whether or not they are worth it will be determined this upcoming winter for their snow/ice traction which the Michelin's failed at pretty badly as well as their mileage (they are rated 70k miles...). Also still need to drive them through rain to make sure they don't slide around.

Already disappointed by the peeling out though. The Michelin's never did that. Once these tires are done I might go back to the Michelin's as a 3 season tire and get a dedicated winter set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone mounted 255/45-19 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season +? Clear front suspe...

Does your 255 Pirellis look even more "fuller" on profile? I still remember your pics w/the Michellins and loved how the 255s filled the wheel arches and you mentioned that the Pirellis are even wider.

Both are 255s so same width. The Pirellis are just slightly "taller" in diameter.

ee3dc8e09bb3aec8825aecc0aed09058.jpg

fb88108254216f80d5380eb93af2b4cb.jpg

bad2d5b9e7f34f314c3e090533b8e262.jpg

And are the Pirellis that much quieter than the Michellins? Everyone mentions how quiet they are.

Yea they are quiet. About the same as the Michelin's. Both are quiet IMO.