Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If Electrochromic windows are offered on ModelX. Will you choose this option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Living in a fairly northerly location I'd prefer my windows not to be tinted at all, as it's dark a lot in the winter months and dull a bit more than I'd like in the summer, certainly this year anyway. On the days when it is sunny I want to enjoy the maximum amount of light. However, if the electrochromic windows can be pretty much untinted then that would be a good solution. I could then have them clear most of the time and darken them if I travel further south. They might be useful when parked to hide the contents of the car too.

Obviously depends on price and function, so it's hard to postulate. But if they could heavily obscure while parked in the sun, for instance - that'd be very cool. (No pun intended, but I'll take what I can get.) Generally speaking, I will likely opt into most things on the car outside of a "P" type drive unit. Happy with my MS P85 and just don't see the need with an SUV. Features, though - I can be sold.