Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination and Transportation Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put down a deposit for an inventory vehicle and noticed there was a $1,000 transportation charge and a $1170 Destination and regulatory doc fee.

Anyone run into the same scenario? Seems like the Destination fee and Transportation fee should be covering the same.

I just put down a deposit for an inventory vehicle and noticed there was a $1,000 transportation charge and a $1170 Destination and regulatory doc fee.

Anyone run into the same scenario? Seems like the Destination fee and Transportation fee should be covering the same.

I know new we all pay the $1170 for transport to the first SC/pick-up location, but then CPO/inventory that have to manually moved to another location then have to pay a fee for the transport to where you are. It is a second additional transport of the car. Makes sense, although sucks.

I know new we all pay the $1170 for transport to the first SC/pick-up location, but then CPO/inventory that have to manually moved to another location then have to pay a fee for the transport to where you are. It is a second additional transport of the car. Makes sense, although sucks.

I was going to make a point of clarification, but perhaps it is easier to simply make a bullet list:
- New Car = Transport & Doc Fee
- Inventory Car = The "new car" fee + any additional transport needed (can be avoided by picking up at store/service center inventory car is at)
- CPO Car = No new/inventory car fee, but transport needed $500 (same/adjoining region), $1,000 (non-adjoining region), $1,500 (cross-US), $3k (Alaska or Hawaii) unless you pick up at the store/service center CPO car is at

Yes, it sucks that the inventory cars essentially pay two transport fees