Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gas Tank Anxiety

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kipernicus

Model S Res#P1440
Dec 2, 2009
Belmont, CA
Running on fumes!

I don't know about the rest of you, but my morning is so hectic that even stopping for a 5 minute fill-up would push me over the edge from being slightly late to embarrasingly late. I wouldn't have this problem if I started each day with a full battery. Can't wait!

+1 (maybe old school compared to a FB Like, but still effective)

I try to convey to people the sheer joy of having a "full tank" every morning I leave home, but it's one of those things you need to experience personally before you can fully appreciate how big of a change it really is.

I try to convey to people the sheer joy of having a "full tank" every morning I leave home, but it's one of those things you need to experience personally before you can fully appreciate how big of a change it really is.

That's a great way to think about and explain it. Thanks, I'll have to use that one in conversation when people ask questions about the car.

I'm sure that most people are creatures of habit. 99% of the time, I'd fill up my ICE at the same 2 or 3 gas stations. Now, each time I pass them up, I feel like I should turn in (because I haven't in a while)... It's a great feeling that I don't have to. Also, it's nice when my car tells me that it took $2 to top off my car battery... that'd be half a gallon of gas!

I experience mild "Gas Tank Anxiety" fairly regularly. Often I'm driving home late at night and many of the gas stations are actually closed. My car doesn't have a low fuel light, so you just have to pay attention. I've never actually run out of gas, so I'm not sure how close (or past) E I can let the needle go before I'm really in trouble.

+1

Driving an ICE car in the UK recently I'd become so comfortable with the miles-empty on the roadster I applied the same to the tech in a Vauxhall something; sat-nav said 230 miles to home, dash said 240 miles of fuel - no problem, I'm sure that'll improve as I drive steadily rather than zooming around like the last 50 miles.

With about 50 miles to go the display changed to a big warning "Get fuel" but I dismissed it, at 40 miles; "Get fuel" - dismissed, at 30 miles "Get fuel now!" but here's the silly part, it wouldn't let me dismiss the warning to reveal the remaining range and the analogue gauge had been in the red for the last hour so that was no use. Cheers, thanks, set me up at the beginning of the drive with promises of anxiety free driving but bugger off and leave me guessing when it comes to the crunch!

With only 15 miles remaining I had no problems getting home... except for the $170 refill the following morning.

ups out of gas

Friday on my way home form an Tesla event in Copenhagen, the gas warning light came on, well it is late, I just fill it up tomorrow
Sunday when I startet the car it went ding, I need gas, ok I just drop by the gasstation down the road 1 miles away
Well of cause when I passed the gasstation I had forgot everything about gas, and joust took the hi-way and after 10 mile it of cause stalled, ups, lucky I was driving down hill and 2 miles ahead there was a gasstation
Saved by pure luck

hope Tesla include a custom configurable warning, when you turn off the car and there is less than XX miles on the battery