Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DBT chargers and Chademo-adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm talking about these stations

sahkoauton-pikalataus-1008x560px.jpg

Are they same as "Nissan stations" referred in other threads?

The majority of CHAdeMO units in the UK look like the one in your photo, and are DBT units supplied by Nissan.

Currently the Model S is intentionally limiting itself to 70A on these points, to prevent them from breaking down, so the maximum it will draw is about 25kW.

This is pretty disappointing since these units are sited at just about every motorway service station in the UK!

Apparently Nissan/DBT are rolling out a fix.

It is quite likely that you will only get 25kW from these units if/when you get your CHAdeMO adaptor :-(

My guess (and it is completely a guess) is that in the UK the cars have been loaded with a database of known DBT CHAdeMO sites and the car is limiting current based on its GPS location (just like it stores a reduced charge limit based on location for general charging). I'm not sure there's any way to tell what model of CHAdeMO unit you are talking to from the protocol, and certainly not to check whether or not it has been patched/upgraded/fixed. This would certainly mean that at some sites you will get the full power (because they're not in the database).

That sounds plausible (if carger does not give some id-number to car). Isn't there nowadays possibility to restore factory settings in car? I would try that (of course charge limit should not be erased, but I think it is worth trying).

Last edited: