Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Migrating to 85D series Model S from First Generation, Quotes Needed...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am doing an article for Green Car Reports on the motivation and general experience of jumping/transitioning from the first generation Model S (whichever version YOU first had) to the P85D.
I am interested in short quotes to use in the article on the following questions:
1. WHY did you find it valued to make this expensive change?
2. WHAT did you do with your previous Model S?
3. If you sold or traded it, how much depreciation did you experience?
4. How did you find a new owner IF you sold your first Model S directly?
THANKS in advance to those here who do provide insights for above. Please send all/any such insights to me directly at:
[email protected]
p.s. I am personally in this group, as I "migrated" from a 2011 Nissan Leaf to Tesla Model S VIN 9649 ordered back in January of 2013, delivered to my house in June of 2013 and personally sold last week in anticipation of the delivery of my 2015 P85D ordered on Day 1 of orders specifically for February delivery (I wanted to make sure I got a 2015 registration and tax credit in 2015 since I put $32,000 worth of solar panels on my house in late 2014 among other tax credits already in place for last year. My P85D might arrive as early as 10 February, so I am clearly "in this interest group" as well).