Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improved 3G coverage in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My past understanding was that Teslas roam on Rogers network when in Canada, and last year, based on observed gaps in coverage, this seemed to be the case. Recently I haven't seen these gaps in coverage when traveling with the Tesla, while with my Rogers phone, the gaps still exist, so I'm wondering if Tesla has updated their mobile contracts so that our vehicles now roam on Telus/Bell in addition to/or rather than on Rogers? In BC in particular, that would be great as Rogers doesn't seem interested in the less populated areas of the province (i.e. Highway 5 north of Heffley Creek). Then again, maybe Rogers has expanded their network, but, really, what are the chances of that?

From mobilesyrup:
Rogers noted in the doc that, “We are committed to bringing the best possible network experience to our customers. To let customers use their devices in locations they couldn’t before, we are partnering with other network providers to offer Extended Coverage at no additional charge.”
I wonder if what I'm seeing is the launch of domestic roaming in Canada.