Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello there from Aachen, Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings torque-greedy crowd!

While still processing the impressions from my first test-drive (of a Model S P85+) in London last Friday, my mind is already in the midst of sorting out ordering-options, car-insurance details, garage-charger preparations and the like.

Despite being german and being used to left-steering-wheel cars and right-hand traffic, the 30 minutes in the right-steering P85+ in London's city- and motorway-traffic really blew me away... and I say that as somebody who rides really fast motorcycles in his spare time! What a beast that car is! I hope to get everything sorted out in August, so that I'll be able to take delivery of my P85+ before the year ends.

Hopefully there will be also a Supercharger installed closer to my hometown soon. Right now the nearest is 165 km away (~100 miles).

Question for the german Model S owners here on the forum: What car-insurance did you opt for? I'm currently favouring Gothaer.

Best regards...

MacSlow

Hi MacSlow,
I was with Gothaer already before. The deal between Tesla and Gothaer seems quite good, so I am going for Gothaer again.
Might be that some others have better (cheaper) conditions, but I never had a bad experience (at least so far...) with them.

Regards,
Steffen

Welcome to the club, macslow.

Once you've got the car delivered and the home charging installed, you'll notice that there is no need for a Supercharger nearby. SuC's 165 km away (in either direction) are sufficient for a same day return journey or the first leg of a multi-SuC journey.