Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clothes Hooks for back seat of your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found these suction cup removable hooks for traveling with hanging bags. The did great attached to the glass pano roof in my back seat. They swivel so the hook actually hangs down. They held for 2½ hour trip both directions.

Amazon.com : Removable Strong Suction Cup Bathroom Wall Coat Towel Hooks Hanger 2pcs : Wall Stick On Hooks : Beauty

Not a big fan of the suction cup. I found these ones through facebook though www.evhooks.com. Just ordered a pair and using 'autopilot' got me 15% off.

Just got these off ebay, love the logos
1.png

I bought some of those headliner hooks as well, but have found that I prefer to lay my suit coat flat on the parcel shelf in the back rather than use those hooks. The parcel shelf is the perfect place, and my coat is always nice and wrinkle free. It doesn't slide around either because of the carpet on the shelf, even under spirited driving.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Can someone explain how the headliner coat hooks (for a new glass roof Model S) do not cause stress on the headliner? That is, is there a firm ledge to support the weight, or is it fragile? Does any material get worn after extended usage in the same spot?

I bought the Evannex coat hooks and they fit the headliner on a new 75D with an all glass roof. But I'm a bit unnerved by these because the headliner bulkhead is quite flexible and not attached to the frame, and doesn't at all appear designed to bear much weight, unlike any other car where the hook is anchored to the frame. So I'm worried about someone accidentally pulling down on a garment too much. Or, since there are no grab handles anywhere, someone reflexively pulling on that hook. Or even a kid innocently pulling on it, just because it is there. I know the hook documentation says not to apply more than 4 lbs of weight to the hook, so I wonder if anyone has had a mishap with aftermarket coat hooks.