Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those that picked up their MS at the plant...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats be sure to schedule the factory tour ahead of time if picking up M-F

I believe Factory tours are only Monday - Thursday, and excluding Major Holidays.
The factory last tour will be Monday, June 30th, closed during the Month of July, and resume Monday, Aug. 4th.

The Tesla employee I corresponded with stated that they will not be allowed to arrange customer tours for the entire month of July.
They prefer to keep groups to a maximum of four people, minimum height is 48" tall.

I pick up at the factory on Friday, June 27 at 2pm... followed by a tour.

WOW! They are quick when they want to be at the Tesla factory... My S when into production on Friday and showed up as completed this morning...:eek: Also confirmed pick up car followed by a tour on Friday. Car will be done early but can get out of business plans in SF the day before :crying: Friday will be a great day!

Me too. It just turned into production complete last night.

WOW! They are quick when they want to be at the Tesla factory... My S when into production on Friday and showed up as completed this morning...:eek: Also confirmed pick up car followed by a tour on Friday. Car will be done early but can get out of business plans in SF the day before :crying: Friday will be a great day!

@purplewalt
I think the No Factory Tours in July does not apply to those picking up their car. I'm scheduled to pick up another MS on July 11, and my DES wrote:

No worries about the factory tour! We aren’t scheduling tour-only appointments until August, but customers taking delivery will still be given a tour.

Just got a call this morning and now I am picking up on Friday also. Did your DS also ask you to bring a cashier check? This is the first time I was asked to get a cashier check to pay for a car. And this is not even the most expensive one. :confused:

Just got a call this morning and now I am picking up on Friday also. Did your DS also ask you to bring a cashier check? This is the first time I was asked to get a cashier check to pay for a car. And this is not even the most expensive one. :confused:

I wonder if this is an accounting rule where they wouldn't be allowed to count the sale as complete until after quarter-end (Monday) if they were waiting on a personal check to clear...

I think so but the odd thing was that she did not mention it until I inquire about the estimate amount due. And when I was first contacted for the 6/30 appointment, it was not mentioned too. Good thing is that my bank's branch office is just down the street from the factory so I will just stop by on the way.

I wonder if this is an accounting rule where they wouldn't be allowed to count the sale as complete until after quarter-end (Monday) if they were waiting on a personal check to clear...

I think a cashier's cheque is more or less a standard thing when dealing with multiple tens of thousands $$. I tried to put mine on VISA but they wouldn't allow that either! :)

But check has always been okay. I bought all of my cars with my checkbook before and at least one of them is quite a bit more expensive than the Tesla. Also, this time I am leasing so it is actually quite a small amount. If I never asked, I would have just bought my checkbook with me. It would have been a mess.

The only time I was asked to make a purchase with a cashier check was at the Title company for a house.

I think a cashier's cheque is more or less a standard thing when dealing with multiple tens of thousands $$. I tried to put mine on VISA but they wouldn't allow that either! :)

I was told a cashiers check, personal check or bank transfer... I am bringing a personal check... but mine is a 3 year lease... maybe that makes a difference??