Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 MYLR (Re) ordered on 12th, Vin Born on Valentines Day, picking up on the 28th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally order my MYLR (Ultra Red) on Feb 8th but then they offered a $1k discount 2 days later. I cancelled (lost the $250) and reordered with the $1,000 discount on top of the $7500 tax incentive. So $750 saving after sacrificing the $250 order fee.

My car was born in Austin on Valentines Day (at least that is when I got a VIN assigned).

Add ons included white interior and trailer hitch.

16 day turn around from order to pick up

I may have filled my Jeep Wrangler at the pump for the last time yesterday. No tears shed over that. That Jeep was very fond of gas stations. My good buddy is buying it so I will still have visitation rights.

300 miles of charge (I know I’ll get less than that range) will cost me $7.56 off peak charging at home vs. nearly $60 for that same amount of miles in my Jeep. I have a short daily commute (24 miles a day x 3 days a week) so most of my charging will be handled quite easily with a wall socket at the rip roaring rate of about 5 miles per hour of charging.

As a bonus there are 8 Superchargers a half mile from my work and my work will be installing a bunch later this year, with free charging for employees.
The only bummer is having to drive 4 hours to Paramus NJ to pick it up. I was going to one way rent a car but my son is up for taking the road trip with me. Good bonding time bonus. I am going to give him $100 that would have otherwise been going to the rental car company.

So far, so good. Fingers crossed.