Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lack of third row seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I went to test drive the P85 the other day, I was told that the third row seats will not be available as an option. The sales told me that our forward-looking government has simply denied the inclusion of the third row seats as they do not fully qualified as 'seats' by the HK Gov.

I am always a skeptic when it comes to info coming from sales, but I get the feeling that this info is true. Can anyone please verify?

If it is indeed true, is anyone interested in a petition to the gov to tell them just how backward they are? These seats have been tested and are proven to be the safest seats in the Model S, and the Model S is the safest car ever!

I will buy the Model S in a heart beat if the third row can be approved.

When I went to test drive the P85 the other day, I was told that the third row seats will not be available as an option. The sales told me that our forward-looking government has simply denied the inclusion of the third row seats as they do not fully qualified as 'seats' by the HK Gov.

I am always a skeptic when it comes to info coming from sales, but I get the feeling that this info is true. Can anyone please verify?

If it is indeed true, is anyone interested in a petition to the gov to tell them just how backward they are? These seats have been tested and are proven to be the safest seats in the Model S, and the Model S is the safest car ever!

I will buy the Model S in a heart beat if the third row can be approved.

Welcome to the forums, NoMorePetrol.

You might be interested in these previous threads:

Rear Facing Child Seats for Hong Kong

5+2 seats not available in HK Model S?

Hong Kong is quite stiff to change things in legislation. I wanted those extra seats, too, but Tesla won't even produce my model S so it's prepared for later installation (rear bumper and other parts have to be built differently).

It's a pain in the pat pat but so typical for Hong Kong!

Hong Kong, where electric bikes are banned as they are considered "motor cycles" and hence need to comply with motorcycle regulations! I really want to get a Bullit electric "cargo" bike, it's awesome but in Hong Kong it's a no-no, up to 6 months in jail if you use one.

Amazing that HK has those kinds of restrictions on electric bikes.

The third row seats are only useable for kids up to the age of about 6 or 7. And if your kids are young, like 2, then you have the problem of not being to reach them while in the car. So, nice to have, but less useful that it would otherwise appear.