Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perspective-E-v3-compressed.jpg

Image credit: ORDER NOW - Lightning Motorcycle

Website: Lightning Electric Motorcycle Fastest Electric Motorcycle

Your friendly neighborhood necromancer here - figured I'd revive this thread instead of starting a new one

I'm looking forward to seeing more details on the new Lightning Strike, which has the release scheduled for tomorrow.

https://electrek.co/2019/03/24/lightning-strike-electric-motorcycle-expect/

Lightning Strike electric motorcycle photos and specs leaked, here they are

Any word on a livestream of a presentation being planned or is this just supposed to be information posted to their web site? Any specific time tomorrow for releasing the information?

Details are out:

Lightning Strike electric motorcycle unveiled: the most affordable high power electric sportbike

upload_2019-3-28_13-14-39.png

Not as much of a game changer as I hoped, but very nice specs. Would likely go with the mid-range model if I get one.

Frustrating that the “battery upgrade” price is roughly $800/kWh, so a little bit of markup there. Not as bad as the battery pricing Pipistrel uses on the Taurus Electro glider, which is $1,583/kWh, but bad compared to Tesla pricing on larger batteries.

I don’t see estimated delivery dates listed, so hopefully the wait until first deliveries isn’t too long.