Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What specs are you planning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DITB

Charged.hk co-founder
Nov 13, 2012
Hong Kong
Presume that HK prices will be US prices plus shipping, what will you get?

I am thinking of getting the following, with the HK prices I guestimate:

85kWh non-Signature, non-Performance basic, around 695K HKD, plus

• Silver Metallic (+6,500 HKD), roof same colour (no sunroof)
  • 19" wheels
  • Gray leather upholstery (+16,100 HKD)
  • Double chargers (+13,100 HKD)
  • Tech Package (+32,700 HKD)
  • Air Suspension (+19,600 HKD)
  • Parking Sensors (+4,400 HKD)
  • Ultra HiFi (+21,800 HKD)
  • 7 seats (+21,800 HKD)
  • Safety/Alarm (+3,600 HKD)
  • Rear shelf / luggage cover (+2,200 HKD)
  • Misc paperwork and fees, mandatory (+5,000 HKD)

Total estimated price 841,800 HKD

I might shave off the sound system, as the only saving I would be willing to sacrifice. I could do without double chargers, I might never need them in HK.

I might add internal lights at around 8,700 HKD.

I would love performance and performance plus, red callipers, 21" tires and so on, but I think I'll stop at the list above.

I do NOT intend to get the sunroof, as I think it would make the car use more energy on air con (comment?)

Source: http://www.teslamotors.com/da_DK/models/design

Subtract 25% sales tax, change DKK to HKD. Total factor is around 1.14, so just take whatever price you see and multiply by 1.14. Good luck with the Danish language!

I think you will get more accurate pricing by starting from the US price... here's a screenshot of your build:

NuEjHDO.png

A couple things to note:

1. The base price of the car is 81,070 USD = 630,000 HKD

2. Twin chargers cost $1500 USD, but they come bundled with the proprietary HPWC unit, for a package cost of $2700. Assume you just need to add $1500 if you don't need the HPWC unit.

3. The Security system is not offered in the US. It may not be offered in HK. If it is, I guess it would cost about 3600 HKD like you said.

So, ignoring the Security system and adding twin chargers, and removing the $7500 US Federal tax credit, the cost of your build is 96,570 USD, or 750,000 HKD

That's the easy part. From there, you will have to add on any shipping fees, customs tax, luxury tax, FRT, and any VAT in HK. The shipping cost of the Model S to China is 3,600 USD, and I assume something very similar would apply for HK. I'm not sure what the other taxes would be for HK.

- - - Updated - - -

In case you don't have access to the US prices, here is a list (in USD):

Base Model S 60kWh: $69,900
Destination and Doc Fee: $1,170

Options
Battery:
85kWh: $10,000 (includes supercharging and 19 inch tire upgrade)
85kWh Performance: $23,500 (includes supercharging, 19 inch tire upgrade, carbon fiber spoiler, Red brake calipers, Alcantara headliner)

Paint: $750 Metallic, $1,500 multicoat (red, pearl white). Solid white, solid black included at no cost.
Panoramic Roof: $2,500
19 in cyclone wheels: $2,500
21 in turbine wheels: $4,500

Interior:
Standard Leather seats: $1,500
Performance leather seats: $2,500
Wood Decor: $650 (3 choices)
Carbon fiber Decor: $800
Yacht floor: $650

Performance Plus: $6,500 (requires P85, Tech Package, Air suspension, 21 inch wheels)
Twin chargers: $1,500
Supercharger: $2,000 (included in 85kWh models)

Tech package: $3,750
Air suspension: $2,250
Parking sensors: $500
Fog Lamps: $500
Ultra High Fidelity Sound: $2,500
Extended Nappa Leather Trim: $2,500
Alcantara headliner: $1,500
Rear Facing seats: $2,500
Premium interior lighting: $1,000
Cold weather package: $750
Parcel Shelf: $250
19 inch tire upgrade: $1,000 (included in 85kWh models)
Paint armor: $950

The Danish price includes overseas shipping and 25% sales tax. I don't know about other markets, but for sure, the US price has a lower shipping price than Hong Kong.

Shipping fees are hence already included in the price I mention. FRT is exempt until end March 14 (and we all hope for an extension), and there is no VAT here.

That is why I think those prices I mentioned are going to be pretty close. But we will soon see - I hope you are right, as you are roughly 70,000 HKD lower than me in your estimate.

And there is supposedly no way it can be installed later - probably needs to be put in during production?

I don't really need it - now - but some times you might need to haul more than 5. Also, about the resale value of the car, I would imagine 7 seats is easier to sell than 5.

And there is supposedly no way it can be installed later - probably needs to be put in during production?

I don't really need it - now - but some times you might need to haul more than 5. Also, about the resale value of the car, I would imagine 7 seats is easier to sell than 5.

I think so, but how sure are we that Hong Kong Model S isn't getting the reverse seats?

I think so, but how sure are we that Hong Kong Model S isn't getting the reverse seats?

Not sure until we see what they put on the website.

Actually, even on the HK Tesla Motors site, you can see the specs:

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/models/features#/interior

And it clearly says "5 + 2" about a third from the bottom.

So what is that forum user "Alipapa" writes above, that

"The children seat is not coming to HK, confirmed by Kennith last week..."

Not sure until we see what they put on the website.

Actually, even on the HK Tesla Motors site, you can see the specs:

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/models/features#/interior

And it clearly says "5 + 2" about a third from the bottom.

So what is that forum user "Alipapa" writes above, that

"The children seat is not coming to HK, confirmed by Kennith last week..."

Thats what Kennith told me when I brought my friend for a test drive.

Bad news: As rumoured, I cannot seem to select 7 seats (legislation issues?)
Good news: Prices are lower than I thought. (The screen shot is not the same config as my original guestimate)

Next up: Financing - Neither HSBC nor Hang Seng seem to have any particular car finance, so it's time to start shopping around!

Tesla Model S config.png

Presume that HK prices will be US prices plus shipping, what will you get?

I am thinking of getting the following, with the HK prices I guestimate:

85kWh non-Signature, non-Performance basic, around 695K HKD, plus

• Silver Metallic (+6,500 HKD), roof same colour (no sunroof)
  • 19" wheels
  • Gray leather upholstery (+16,100 HKD)
  • Double chargers (+13,100 HKD)
  • Tech Package (+32,700 HKD)
  • Air Suspension (+19,600 HKD)
  • Parking Sensors (+4,400 HKD)
  • Ultra HiFi (+21,800 HKD)
  • 7 seats (+21,800 HKD)
  • Safety/Alarm (+3,600 HKD)
  • Rear shelf / luggage cover (+2,200 HKD)
  • Misc paperwork and fees, mandatory (+5,000 HKD)

Total estimated price 841,800 HKD

I might shave off the sound system, as the only saving I would be willing to sacrifice. I could do without double chargers, I might never need them in HK.

I might add internal lights at around 8,700 HKD.

I would love performance and performance plus, red callipers, 21" tires and so on, but I think I'll stop at the list above.

I do NOT intend to get the sunroof, as I think it would make the car use more energy on air con (comment?)

Source: http://www.teslamotors.com/da_DK/models/design

Subtract 25% sales tax, change DKK to HKD. Total factor is around 1.14, so just take whatever price you see and multiply by 1.14. Good luck with the Danish language!

Last edited:
Good news: Prices are lower than I thought. (The screen shot is not the same config as my original guestimate)

Next up: Financing - Neither HSBC nor Hang Seng seem to have any particular car finance, so it's time to start shopping around!

View attachment 42987

Thanks mate, I will put your news onto my thread

Thanks for posting this... I was wondering when this would be released. Turns out I was pretty close with my price predictions ;) !

Will keep an eye on the rear seat issue... any updates on FRT waiver extension?

Thank you! Got the email too! The price is lower than my expectation as well! just checking any low interest rate plan in the market now :)

View attachment 42987

It's strange, as the HK Tesla site clearly states "5 + 2". I wonder which one is wrong, and if there is really no child seat option - why? Legal issue?

I've posted a quick poll here:

Rear Facing Child Seats for Hong Kong

I'd appreciate it if Model S reservation holders in Hong Kong could tick the box most appreciate (whether you want the rear facing child seats or not).

Does anyone know the $5,800 Subzero Weather Package is for if you want to add heating to the rear 3 seats (as well as the front 2 seats), or does the Model S originally come with heating seats for the front row without adding the package? Not that I'll add it to my config, but it is rather cold in HK these days... haha

Does anyone know the $5,800 Subzero Weather Package is for if you want to add heating to the rear 3 seats (as well as the front 2 seats), or does the Model S originally come with heating seats for the front row without adding the package? Not that I'll add it to my config, but it is rather cold in HK these days... haha
Yes, heated front seats are standard, no additional cost.

I'm considering if Dual Chargers ($11,600) and HPWC ($9,300) are worth getting at all...

Considering it is unlikely that I'll be driving over 100km (probably no more than 50km in fact) every day, using 220V 13A or 32A outlets which seems to be the norm across HK (i.e. most CLP/HK Electric charging stations, residential or other public outlets), the most I'll get from these is around 7kW, which is still less than the 10kW capability of the standard Single Charger. 7kW means around 41km/h charging rate, so it shouldn't take more than 2 to 3 hours to fill up the Model S if I charge it every night without the Dual Charger/HPWC combo option.

I realise some charging stations out there do use CHAdeMO which gives out 50kW, but from what I understood they all use DC, just like Tesla's Superchargers, which would bypass the onboard charger anyway. Plus, Tesla will be building Supercharger Network in HK (fantastic!).

Do let us know when you have found financing.