Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track my trip up the East Coast in real time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I are heading from Atlanta to New Hampshire starting at 7pm tonight, by way of Greenville, SC overnight. I'm the guy that originally documented the Tesla API, so I figured I could hook into that to live broadcast my progress in real time. I've built such an app and it will be going live tonight.

The East Coast Tesla Challenge

Most of the action will be tomorrow as we connect with the Supercharger network and make our way up the coast. If all goes well, you'll be able to track my progress and get real-time stats about the car, such as our location, speed, range remaining, and temperature. I've also got a feed from my Twitter and Instagram accounts, so there will be status updates, photos, and videos along the way.

We'll also be making the same trip back down on Saturday, and you can track us for that journey too. I'll open source everything after I get back and have a chance to clean things up a bit.

Wish us luck!

Have you lost your mind?!? We have a cold spell and it's 73F here right now; here's a 5-day forecast for NH courtesy of weather.com:

Untitled.jpg

;-)

I'm really interested in seeing how the cold weather affects your range on this trip. Please let us know and good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Your update page is awesome :) Can't wait to see the code for this when you get back!

Last edited:
Have fun; a bunch of folks, including myself are or have traveled for the holiday weekend. My trip took me from CT to north of Knoxville, TN. I hope you don't hit the triple threat of wind, cold and precipitation. I only had the first two and it made life interesting.

Looking forward to peeking in on your real time journey. Stay warm!

Have you lost your mind?!? We have a cold spell and it's 73F here right now; here's a 5-day forecast for NH courtesy of weather.com:

;-)

We'll literally be outrunning rain all day tomorrow, but it won't be that bad. It will be above freezing tonight and tomorrow. The weather line we're following should keep it in the high 30s to mid 40s throughout the day. The rain is more of an issue than the cold, I think. Worst case scenario, we'll just drive slower. I know all the math, believe me :)