Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overcharge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
So here's a fun one.

Notes:
  • Car left house with standard charge (239 mi).
  • Beginning charging session said "+0 mi". Absolutely certain.
  • Only one charging session, restoring to standard charge.
  • Setting is on "Rated", not "Ideal".

OverCharge.jpg

Do you know what the rated range was when you started the charge?
Sadly < 0, and displayed as zero. Bad planning of the impact of weather and hilly freeway consumption. STRONGLY not recommended.

I hit zero < a mile from my house. I think the navigation said 0.2 miles.

- - - Updated - - -

What's your 30-mile average whpm?

A couple more interesting charts relative to the now 241 rated capacity:
Average30.jpg

Average5.jpg

I was beating the rated for the 30 mile even with the hill included. So my previous 30 rating might have beat the ideal comfortably. Never seen that in 40°F weather in Seattle area before. I was approximating coasting pretty well I guess.

Last edited:
@FlasherZ - Could be, but I though vampire load came from the wall rather than the battery while plugged in.

- - - Updated - - -

Then my guess is it's showing projected miles (just like it's showing projected MPH charge rates). The math works (~241 miles for full standard charge at 308 whpm vs. 270-ish at 274 whpm).
Hm. What was the verdict on that theory, and the way to "nudge" it to Rated properly? Should toggling to Ideal and the back to Rated correct it (to show Rated charging rather than Projected)?

Hm. What was the verdict on that theory, and the way to "nudge" it to Rated properly? Should toggling to Ideal and the back to Rated correct it (to show Rated charging rather than Projected)?

I'm 100% sure that theory is accurate, but it's not been admitted as a bug yet. I've been talking to Tesla about it. Right now there's no way to fix it (e.g. toggling it to ideal and back).

I'm 100% sure that theory is accurate, but it's not been admitted as a bug yet. I've been talking to Tesla about it. Right now there's no way to fix it (e.g. toggling it to ideal and back).
One more note about this:
My recollection was that this theory was about the rate ("31 mi/hr") not the tallied charge ("+268 mi"). So to me, this is news. Please make sure Tesla is aware that both fields are affected by this issue as you continue the conversation. Thanks.

One more note about this:
My recollection was that this theory was about the rate ("31 mi/hr") not the tallied charge ("+268 mi"). So to me, this is news. Please make sure Tesla is aware that both fields are affected by this issue as you continue the conversation. Thanks.

Correct. My theory about tallied charge is brand new with this post.