Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Yellow dotted line on power meter

Quote Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
    Press and hold the scroll wheel and it will bring up the options for that wheel. Scroll to the function you want and press the wheel to select. It was there by default in my car (I think).

You set up "rated or projected" in the vehicle control panel in the "settings" pane.
    Interesting, my car doesn't have that scroll wheel option. I just looked, but I'm going to go check again.

Quote Originally Posted by iridium View Post
    Interesting, my car doesn't have that scroll wheel option. I just looked, but I'm going to go check again.
    I thought every Model S had a scroll wheel. Two of them on the steering wheel. Do you have the Tech option?

Name:  Tesla scroll wheels.png
Views: 122
Size:  303.5 KB
    Last edited by bareyb; 2013-12-10 at 12:07 AM.
    P85 | Grey | Tan Leather | Obeche Gloss | 19" Primacy | Tech Pkg | Parking Sensors |Ultra Sound| Fog Lights | Parcel Shelf | Pana Roof | Air Suspension | Ordered 9/4/13 | Confirmed 9/8/13 | In Production 10/17/13 | Delivery Date 10/24/13

Quote Originally Posted by iridium View Post
    I thought every Model S had a scroll wheel. Two of them on the steering wheel. Do you have the Tech option?
    I think he meant that that display option isn't in the menu when using the scroll wheel. I'm on the latest and haven't checked, but I know I didn't have it on 5.0 or 5.6. And I only have options for ideal or rated range, not projected...
    P85 | Metallic Grey w/Black Leather | Carbon Fiber | Pano | Air | Tech | Ultra Sound | Parking Sensors | Fog Lights | Sub Zero | 19" | HPWC
    Confirmed 9/5/13 - VIN:22700 9/11/13 - In Production Estimated 10/7 - Delivery 10/12

Quote Originally Posted by gbdesai View Post
    I think he meant that that display option isn't in the menu when using the scroll wheel. I'm on the latest and haven't checked, but I know I didn't have it on 5.0 or 5.6. And I only have options for ideal or rated range, not projected...
    Doh! I thought he meant ideal or rated. I don't think I get projected either and I'm on 5.8. The only place I see that is when I bring up the "Energy" App. I wish my Speedo would show me projected instead of rated. I haven't gotten "rated" once since I got the car. I always get about 15% less. I don't think I'm a lead foot either.
    P85 | Grey | Tan Leather | Obeche Gloss | 19" Primacy | Tech Pkg | Parking Sensors |Ultra Sound| Fog Lights | Parcel Shelf | Pana Roof | Air Suspension | Ordered 9/4/13 | Confirmed 9/8/13 | In Production 10/17/13 | Delivery Date 10/24/13

Doh! I thought he meant ideal or rated. I don't think I get projected either and I'm on 5.8. The only place I see that is when I bring up the "Energy" App. I wish my Speedo would show me projected instead of rated. I haven't gotten "rated" once since I got the car. I always get about 15% less. I don't think I'm a lead foot either.
    Yeah same here. I actually wish it were user settable. My lifetime is 363 with my 20" Michelin PSS tires, so that would be what I'd want to set it to.
    P85 | Metallic Grey w/Black Leather | Carbon Fiber | Pano | Air | Tech | Ultra Sound | Parking Sensors | Fog Lights | Sub Zero | 19" | HPWC
    Confirmed 9/5/13 - VIN:22700 9/11/13 - In Production Estimated 10/7 - Delivery 10/12

Yeah, I may only have a lowly 60, but they were nice enough to toss the scroll wheels in.

Check out the attachment for what my car shows. I am on 5.8 too.

Also, here is a video of the options I have for my scroll wheels:

Video

Name:  tesla1.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  1.14 MB

Tesla giveth, and Tesla taketh away.

In the case of projected range on the center instrument cluster, they removed it around version 4.0. You guys were looking at very old screen shots.

Rated vs Ideal vs Projected and how to use them
    Model S 60kWh, Catalina white, white roof, tan, obeche gloss, tech, 19", air suspension, twin chargers, supercharger access, rear jump seats, parcel shelf. VIN 3606

Quote Originally Posted by Kipernicus View Post
    Tesla giveth, and Tesla taketh away.

In the case of projected range on the center instrument cluster, they removed it around version 4.0. You guys were looking at very old screen shots.

Rated vs Ideal vs Projected and how to use them
    That's the answer we were looking for. Thanks!

Thread Information