Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Tesla awards game trophy feature?

Seriously?

Sorry, I just think Tesla has better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEC View Post
    Seriously?

Sorry, I just think Tesla has better things to do.
    I think it's just simply a matter of profit. If the amount of money it would cost to implement such a system will result in enough increased sales to generate a profit, it'll be worth it... just hire a few people to work on it.

Around 2006 when the Xbox 360 and PS3 were just coming out, a lot of people would buy the 360 version of a game (like Call of Duty) because it had Achievements. PS3 quickly copied them with something called Trophies. It certainly generated profit for the Xbox.

That being said, off the top of my head, I would think that such a thing would not generate profit for Tesla. I believe those "games" for the Volt and Leaf were meant more to make you forget the fact that the performance of those cars is pretty bad for what you're paying. For Tesla, a statistics page would be nice, but I don't think a trophy system would generate a profit.

#14,427
    I'm the OP of that other thread, and I still think that achievements are a great idea. I'd prefer it to be an option to turn on/off that is persistent across drives, possibly linked to your driver profile so your significant other can get his/her own achievements too.

Is there a way to get this idea to Tesla directly for consideration? I won't have my car for a couple more months, but I imagine I'll miss out on a ton of opportunities for "points" in the first few months

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elreydetodo View Post
    I'm the OP of that other thread, and I still think that achievements are a great idea. I'd prefer it to be an option to turn on/off that is persistent across drives, possibly linked to your driver profile so your significant other can get his/her own achievements too.

Is there a way to get this idea to Tesla directly for consideration? I won't have my car for a couple more months, but I imagine I'll miss out on a ton of opportunities for "points" in the first few months
    They read the forum.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Thread Information