Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now audio comes on at random it seems.

I've had this bug on and off for years when using Spotify.

It appears related to mobile connectivity dropping out for a while and then returning and whatever was previously played resumes, even though it had been paused.

I reported this 2 years ago, along with times when it happened. I was told it should be fixed in the next update, but the fix didn't last long.

Has it been confirmed that Park Assist on cars with USS actually disables the USS sensors? Clearly autopark still uses the sensors given it's not available still on non-USS cars?
It's a choice you can (for now) change from Settings. Yes I believe it's been confirmed it will no longer show USS distances when using the new Park Assist. (So use at your own risk lol)

And in the next update, the new Autopark that uses Vision only will be made available, so it will also no longer rely on USS and will finally enable the feature for all EAP/FSD purchasers that have a post Q4-2022 car without USS.

It's a choice you can (for now) change from Settings. Yes I believe it's been confirmed it will no longer show USS distances when using the new Park Assist. (So use at your own risk lol)

And in the next update, the new Autopark that uses Vision only will be made available, so it will also no longer rely on USS and will finally enable the feature for all EAP/FSD purchasers that have a post Q4-2022 car without USS.
Are you talking about USA or UK? I think it will take much longer for the new Autopark to come to the UK unfortunately…

Yes, sorry, I was aware it doesn't show the actual distances, but I wondered whether it was confirmed whether or not it is still using the sensors. I still get the 'bongs' which seem to correspond to the old distance measurements.

Are you talking about USA or UK? I think it will take much longer for the new Autopark to come to the UK unfortunately…
I don't think there's anything US specific about Autopark vs UNECE regs. Especially now that the new software version we use also has FSD v12 codebase I would expect a global rollout of Autopark v2 (vision based)
Obviously it won't have banish/summon the way US does but for the scenario where you stay in the driver seat, hands off the wheel, and watch the car parallel park itself or reverse park, same as it currently does with USS, where would be the limitation?

I don't think there's anything US specific about Autopark vs UNECE regs. Especially now that the new software version we use also has FSD v12 codebase I would expect a global rollout of Autopark v2 (vision based)
Obviously it won't have banish/summon the way US does but for the scenario where you stay in the driver seat, hands off the wheel, and watch the car parallel park itself or reverse park, same as it currently does with USS, where would be the limitation?
It might have banish / summon but to some more limited levels. I could get out of my Lotus in the UK and let it park itself but you have to hold a button in an app. Depends if Tesla implements that or just lets it go do its own thing with no way for a human to stop it. I suspect even in the US they’ll have a deadman’s switch via the app.

Just noticed a new behaviour on regular AP; it now slows down for roundabouts on dual carriageways while on AP set at 70. I drive the same section of road to a roundabout regularly & it has never slowed before if there was no traffic in the way. Tonight it slowed to a reasonable speed from a good 200 yards or so from the roundabout. It has never done that before for me. Currently on .6.

It does start to slow down a bit later than I would usually let off the accelerator but it's definitely a change in behaviour from intending to roll straight through as if the roundabout wasn't there... I took over before it got too close as there were cars behind me. Next time I go that way if it's quiet enough I'll try to leave it alone & see what happens.

Just noticed a new behaviour on regular AP; it now slows down for roundabouts on dual carriageways while on AP set at 70. I drive the same section of road to a roundabout regularly & it has never slowed before if there was no traffic in the way. Tonight it slowed to a reasonable speed from a good 200 yards or so from the roundabout. It has never done that before for me. Currently on .6.

It does start to slow down a bit later than I would usually let off the accelerator but it's definitely a change in behaviour from intending to roll straight through as if the roundabout wasn't there... I took over before it got too close as there were cars behind me. Next time I go that way if it's quiet enough I'll try to leave it alone & see what happens.
I noticed a similar thing when approaching a right turn off an A road. Car began to slow from 60 on AP. Never seen that happen before but I didn't trust it to slow to a complete stop correctly so switched it off at around 20mph :)

I've had the car slow down (on standard AP, don't have EAP/FSD) for roundabouts regularly in the past, but always had to slow it further on the final approach. However, I've had to experiment to see if it would do it, so if you slow down as normal you'd never notice it slowing. Never tried it at 70 mph though!

Park Assist (new high-fidelity visualisations) is for everyone. Opt-in basis in the settings as it disables USS.
Maybe I’ve missed an earlier part of this conversation, but I thought high-fidelity visualisation parking was Ryzan only, the latest release just added this to the Ryzan cars with USS?

I’m not seeing these visualisations in my Atom based car as far as I can tell 🤔

Maybe I’ve missed an earlier part of this conversation, but I thought high-fidelity visualisation parking was Ryzan only, the latest release just added this to the Ryzan cars with USS?

I’m not seeing these visualisations in my Atom based car as far as I can tell 🤔
Yes, sorry. I meant by everyone even basic AP. But HF Park Assist is indeed AMD only. (Probably rendering issues on Intel?).
But the new Vision only Autopark v2 should be made available for both Intel & AMD.

Yes, sorry. I meant by everyone even basic AP. But HF Park Assist is indeed AMD only. (Probably rendering issues on Intel?).
But the new Vision only Autopark v2 should be made available for both Intel & AMD.
I read this
And couldn't work out if that means I'll get a low-res version of the HiFi parking display. Not the fully fledged autopark, just the visuals when parking it myself. I'm on Intel, basic AP, in UK.
Still confused.

Park assist is coming to USS cars without Ryzen as per the recent release notes - you can switch between USS and Tesla Vision if you have USS, and the dropping of USS and introduction of Ryzen weren’t that far apart.

Auto park is something else and you’d need EAP or FSD to be able to use it. I don’t think that needs Ryzen either.

If you look at the FSD supervised videos in the US they’ve had much more comprehensive graphics irrespective of Ryzen than we’ve had, I don’t think Ryzen is that significant here. Notateslapp often just speculate

• Helpful
Reactions: Foxsbiscuits
I read this
And couldn't work out if that means I'll get a low-res version of the HiFi parking display. Not the fully fledged autopark, just the visuals when parking it myself. I'm on Intel, basic AP, in UK.
Still confused.
Best I can work out, if you have FSD in the USA you get grey shapes on the ground but not the 3D voxels that you get with the AMD system.

I believe the Intel link to AP is a 100MB vs 1GB in AMD. Maybe they can't fit it in.

Best I can work out, if you have FSD in the USA you get grey shapes on the ground but not the 3D voxels that you get with the AMD system.

I believe the Intel link to AP is a 100MB vs 1GB in AMD. Maybe they can't fit it in.
I think it's just visualisation limitation. My guess is that the behind the scenes camera processing is the same but Intel can't represent it as intricately as Ryzen on the display, it's much less powerful graphics wise, but can still do the same tricks.

I'd be happy with that, I'll be less happy in future if Intel doesn't get substantial features because of the same limitations.