Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY 2024 Refresh - Project Juniper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well Y did come out 1.5 yrs after 3…so ya…summer 2025 is my bet. Will depend on whether tesla sees MY sales start to majorly slump off an old design that needs refreshing. They’ll time it accordingly.

Any side bets on when Juniper Y will show up given the latest Tesla rigamarole?
My guess is probably the same schedule for the 3 Highland but delayed by one year. China orders in September and deliveries in Q4, USA orders in January 2025 and deliveries in March. The Y is the #1 most important vehicle for Tesla.

I almost order a MYLR QuickSilver yesterday. Should I wait for the new MY come out?
The short answer is Yes.
But you should order the current Y immediately if you think the exterior looks fine, you don't need a 2nd row touchscreen, you don't mind lower resale value later, and the suspension is not too bumpy for you.
Another strategy is to do a 2-year lease on a Y right now (will apply $7500 discount resulting in cheap monthly payment) and get the new Y exactly 2 years from now (with likely another $7500 discount).

Motortrend has a sort of article highlighting some behind the scenes upgrades of the M3H over the old M3. One can extrapolate to some degree of the updates applying to the MY Juniper. I think the most impressive is the suspension bits. It soaks up undulations and road cracks very well without compromising sporty driving. All around acoustic glass. Overall fit and finish improvements.
Oh and adaptive headlights, BLIS, sexy one-piece C taillights, camera on-demand, stupid wipers, Tesla wants to kill you stalkless, angry bird vs Kermit front fascia, awesome perforated and ventilated vs pudgy couch front seats, French stitching vs. single cheapo stitching + other stuff.
Munro Live has a video on the behind the scenes upgrades.

After driving the M3H, I find the OG M3 quite dated. It might not look it now, but I feel the current MY will accelerate in age once Juniper shows up. Only you can determine this would but your or not.

Last edited:
Motortrend has a sort of article highlighting some behind the scenes upgrades of the M3H over the old M3. One can extrapolate to some degree of the updates applying to the MY Juniper. I think the most impressive is the suspension bits. It soaks up undulations and road cracks very well without compromising sporty driving. All around acoustic glass. Overall fit and finish improvements.
Oh and adaptive headlights, BLIS, sexy one-piece C taillights, camera on-demand, stupid wipers, Tesla wants to kill you stalkless, angry bird vs Kermit front fascia, awesome perforated and ventilated vs pudgy couch front seats, French stitching vs. single cheapo stitching + other stuff.
Munro Live has a video on the behind the scenes upgrades.

After driving the M3H, I find the OG M3 quite dated. It might not look it now, but I feel the current MY will accelerate in age once Juniper shows up. Only you can determine this would but your or not.
I have this tweet saved that summarizes the updates for highland. We should receive the same amount of updates, and maybe more, for Juniper

I'm a day or so away from selling my 2022 M3LR to buy a 2024 MYP. Now I really feel I can wait for Juniper as I don't really drive that much since working from home. Hence the 19,300 mi on my car.

I'm just wondering if I should keep the car and let it depreciate another year just so we still have 2 vehicles or sell it for $32,000 and sit on the money until the refresh arrives.

I'd have to share a vehicle with my wife which I'm totally fine with it as we're mostly always together and she only goes to work 1/2 days and runs around town doing stuff. I'm just not sure she'd be OK with one vehicle. We also have a 19 year old living at home so really there's a 2nd vehicle if I desperately have to get somewhere. Hmmmmm.

I'm a day or so away from selling my 2022 M3LR to buy a 2024 MYP. Now I really feel I can wait for Juniper as I don't really drive that much since working from home. Hence the 19,300 mi on my car.

I'm just wondering if I should keep the car and let it depreciate another year just so we still have 2 vehicles or sell it for $32,000 and sit on the money until the refresh arrives.

I'd have to share a vehicle with my wife which I'm totally fine with it as we're mostly always together and she only goes to work 1/2 days and runs around town doing stuff. I'm just not sure she'd be OK with one vehicle. We also have a 19 year old living at home so really there's a 2nd vehicle if I desperately have to get somewhere. Hmmmmm.
Cars depreciation curve is worse in their first 3-4 years. Looks like you are at peak depreciation rate if you sell now.

Reactions: Spivas
Cars depreciation curve is worse in their first 3-4 years. Looks like you are at peak depreciation rate if you sell now.
We talked this morning and we're gonna wait for Juniper and also wait on selling our M3LR. She said we'll just buckle down and save as much as possible to make up for whatever the sale brings us next year. We're debt free so we have wiggle room with finances. I'm pretty excited to hang out here as Juniper news and discussions ramp up. I, like everyone else waiting for the refresh, hope that the $7500 tax credit is eligible for it.

We talked this morning and we're gonna wait for Juniper and also wait on selling our M3LR. She said we'll just buckle down and save as much as possible to make up for whatever the sale brings us next year. We're debt free so we have wiggle room with finances. I'm pretty excited to hang out here as Juniper news and discussions ramp up. I, like everyone else waiting for the refresh, hope that the $7500 tax credit is eligible for it.
We are in the same boat as you with a low milage 2020 Y. Waiting for Juniper with a bunch of other people as well I must assume. I have a feeling that when the new Y does come out there will be a waiting list until they catch up with the orders. No big deal, no rush, perfectly good car and if the selling price for the old used Y drops substantially we have a few kids that would be thrilled to own it.

We are in the same boat as you with a low milage 2020 Y. Waiting for Juniper with a bunch of other people as well I must assume. I have a feeling that when the new Y does come out there will be a waiting list until they catch up with the orders. No big deal, no rush, perfectly good car and if the selling price for the old used Y drops substantially we have a few kids that would be thrilled to own it.
Plus, we'll purposely keep the car in the garage to keep the miles low. The wife didn't want to sell it and not have a 2nd car but we're gonna pretend it's not there except to drive it just a little bit to keep the tires from flat-spotting and the electricity from getting old. 😁

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12
I’d love to sell my 22’ LR3 boost and get a new PM3 but…I’m at 93k km driven in 25 months! Oops! Problem free however and amazing drive with the 20” Perf rims/245/35/20 AS yoko advan’s at 39 psi.
I’ve got Cfibre trim and spoiler as well.
It still drives like new and 0-120kph is more than powerful at 0-100 3.6/3.7 …even if I do feel like i WANT more lol .

At this point given mileage, best to drive it to 250k…or Hand it down to my daughter later this year for Univ and get the P anyway lol. 😂

Reactions: Spivas