Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you leave these are the signs:
IMG_8609.jpeg

Ahead of my collection tomorrow I just had email from Tesla giving me 100 free supercharger miles :

100 Miles of Free Supercharging
Due to a new industry policy, your vehicle must be shipped with a max 50% charge—meaning your Model 3 charge status may be lower than our usual standard at your delivery appointment.

We are giving you 100 miles of free Supercharging* for the inconvenience. You will be able to view your Supercharging credit a few days after delivery in the Refer and Earn section in your Tesla app.​
Well....may aswell experience a bit of range anxiety straight off the bat! I hope mine has 4%

• Funny
Reactions: FastLaneJB
Ahead of my collection tomorrow I just had email from Tesla giving me 100 free supercharger miles :

100 Miles of Free Supercharging
Due to a new industry policy, your vehicle must be shipped with a max 50% charge—meaning your Model 3 charge status may be lower than our usual standard at your delivery appointment.

We are giving you 100 miles of free Supercharging* for the inconvenience. You will be able to view your Supercharging credit a few days after delivery in the Refer and Earn section in your Tesla app.​
They say this but guy the other day collected at 88% so not sure they actually follow this rule.

It looks like that new Longbridge site has chargers for every bay. Most collection sites don't have this.
Yeah, just saying if it’s an industry policy to not ship a new car over 50% I guess to protect batteries of cars sat around, they shouldn’t actually be charging beyond 50%.

Should also really be shipping with 50% or maybe a little less on the boats from China as it’s most optimal to minimise battery degradation.

Reactions: Aliomenti
Ordered through Tusker on Saturday. Got an RN and car showing as ordered in my Tesla account today. No VIN yet! Listed as May-June delivery.

This is for a MYLR Quicksilver. Will be really interested to see if is one of the first UK MYs to come from Berlin. That is unless Shanghai now offers the Berlin paint schemes.

Last edited:
I ordered a standard range RWD Model Y in midnight cherry on 7 May.

Tesla site generally says May-June for delivery and the app is currently showing as 17 June to 30 June my estimated delivery date (no reg/VIN).

Just wondering if anyone with similar order and estimated date bracket has received anything more specific yet (I suspect others are familiar with this impatient feeling!).

I read elsewhere that RHD Model Y RWDs may be coming from Berlin from June onwards so possibly not the same ships and routes people have been following on these forums?

M3 LR 18-in white/black interior, ordered 16 March.

Until this morning I was in the EDD 7 to 21 June group (Morning Post?). This morning I was offered a delivery appointment and booked a slot on 5 June (the earliest date offered). Both VIN and reg now show in the app and payment is requested!

M3 LR 18-in white/black interior, ordered 16 March.

Until this morning I was in the EDD 7 to 21 June group (Morning Post?). This morning I was offered a delivery appointment and booked a slot on 5 June (the earliest date offered). Both VIN and reg now show in the app and payment is requested!
My vin appeared in the app this morning but no call, mine is being delivered so I guess that might be sorted separately....

Mine was delivered a few hours ago, literally like nothing I have driven before. Have to get used to the regen braking currently wobbling back and forth.

View attachment 1047404
Didn’t take you long to pull off the aero covers.

Driving an EV is a little weird at first but you’ll soon get used to it. Frankly I enjoy it more and am disappointed when I drive a car where I have to regularly use the brake pedal now.

• Funny
Reactions: benjamin1234
Mine was delivered a few hours ago, literally like nothing I have driven before. Have to get used to the regen braking currently wobbling back and forth.

View attachment 1047404
Pls can you do me a favour and see if you feel any vibrations through the steering wheel when driving between 50-70mph. I purchased a M3LR Highland a few months ago and ended up rejecting the car due to the issues. Apparently there are quite a few cars with this issue and with my new M3LR on order I just want to make sure other members are not experiencing the same issues that I had. Thanks for your help !

There you go, you can see the set up a bit better!

View attachment 1046993
Pls can you do me a favour and see if you feel any vibrations through the steering wheel when driving between 50-70mph. I purchased a M3LR Highland a few months ago and ended up rejecting the car due to the issues. Apparently there are quite a few cars with this issue and with my new M3LR on order I just want to make sure other members are not experiencing the same issues that I had. Thanks for your help !

I collect mine tomorrow, I'm like a kid at Christmas!

Thursday morning I'm collecting mine from Longbridge