Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslafi seems way behind nowadays - it’s still not showing any news of 2024.14.9 despite a few other sources reporting it. That said, I don’t really see the point of being hungry for news. 2024.20 is a week old according to the trackers and yet nobody seems to actually have it. Another week? Month? Will we actually get what’s predicted?
…and no real news of a speed limiter. Legal requirement for all vehicles as of 7/7/24 if I understand correctly

Reactions: WllXM
Teslafi seems way behind nowadays - it’s still not showing any news of 2024.14.9 despite a few other sources reporting it. That said, I don’t really see the point of being hungry for news. 2024.20 is a week old according to the trackers and yet nobody seems to actually have it. Another week? Month? Will we actually get what’s predicted?
I received an email from TeslaFi a few hours ago that 2024.14.9 was detected on a Model 3 in France and then about 45 minutes ago got an email and push notification that it was downloading to our Model 3. And just got an email from TeslaFi that 2014.14.11 was detected as waiting for WiFi to download on a Cybertruck in Maryland, USA. Not sure I'd characterise that as way behind.

Reactions: MrBadger
…and no real news of a speed limiter. Legal requirement for all vehicles as of 7/7/24 if I understand correctly
Requirement for new cars, not old cars is it not?

This is part why Highland cars have or had a speed chime that automatically turns on every time you start the car. Though in the UK they aren’t doing this as I think legally it’s not required here since we left the EU in the same way.

My Lotus had this, you’d have to dig into the menus to turn it off or suffer it chiming all the time. Utterly stupid law because the car would chime so much for all sorts of reasons you wouldn’t even know what it was for most of the time. Had to gone 1mph too fast, had it decided you where too close to the lines or gone over, was you getting a chime because it thought you might hit a stationary car you are going past, what about a pedestrian on the path who it thinks your going to hit despite there being a turn in the road. Frankly the theory is sensible, it’s just become law about 10 years before the technology is reliable enough.

Requirement for new cars, not old cars is it not?

This is part why Highland cars have or had a speed chime that automatically turns on every time you start the car. Though in the UK they aren’t doing this as I think legally it’s not required here since we left the EU in the same way.

My Lotus had this, you’d have to dig into the menus to turn it off or suffer it chiming all the time. Utterly stupid law because the car would chime so much for all sorts of reasons you wouldn’t even know what it was for most of the time. Had to gone 1mph too fast, had it decided you where too close to the lines or gone over, was you getting a chime because it thought you might hit a stationary car you are going past, what about a pedestrian on the path who it thinks your going to hit despite there being a turn in the road. Frankly the theory is sensible, it’s just become law about 10 years before the technology is reliable enough.
No actually July is the deadline for the requirement to apply to all cars still being offered for sale at this date. The requirement for new cars introduced to EU/UK exists since July 2022.

I believe the chimes introduced to Highland are therefore sufficient according to Tesla to satisfy the Intelligent Speed Assist requirements.

No actually July is the deadline for the requirement to apply to all cars still being offered for sale at this date. The requirement for new cars introduced to EU/UK exists since July 2022
Yeah but you’ve already brought your car, Tesla doesn’t have to retro fit so to speak this functionality to your car. I mean they can as we know and you’ll get the safety improvements but I suspect any enforced automatic bongs and chimes they won’t push to old cars.

Yeah but you’ve already brought your car, Tesla doesn’t have to retro fit so to speak this functionality to your car. I mean they can as we know and you’ll get the safety improvements but I suspect any enforced automatic bongs and chimes they won’t push to old cars.
Agreed but for the sake of harmonising software versions I doubt they will bother to maintain a flag in the code to enable restrictions whether the car was delivered after 7/7/24 or not. Will see…

Agreed but for the sake of harmonising software versions I doubt they will bother to maintain a flag in the code to enable restrictions whether the car was delivered after 7/7/24 or not. Will see…
They already do as Highlands have a slightly different interface than pre-highland. Don't know if they are doing this on Model Y also but this covers the ability to quickly turn on and off speed warning chimes.