Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There is a data limit on the outside Cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No data limit when driving, it's not sent to Tesla.
If you're looking at the camera's remotely there is a limit, but I don't think that's your question.
The limit is likely there to limit the cost of wireless service for Tesla. Tesla pays for the video upload, your personal wireless plan (or WiFi over wireline) pays for you to download it to your device.

1 hour of video streaming, can easily add up to 3.5Mbps (depending on compression, it could go higher). That's 12.3 Gigs per hour. 18.5 Gigs in 1.5 hours.
Add your favorite per gig $$ multiplier to the service, and you can see where it becomes a meaningful amount of money. Do that every day for a month, and Tesla doesn't want you as a customer any more.

I'm surprised the limit is as high as 90 minutes. I bet it will either come down, or what is more likely, hardly anyone is bored enough to be watching his/her sentry mode cameras for an hour and a half each day.

If this limit bothers you, your intent to test it is guaranteed to be a massive money looser for Tesla.

a

I believe NHSTA (or other agency in NA) requires exterior mirror(s)? Not sure about the passcar regulations, but it's been an issue for semi-trucks. If you look some of the newer trucks have very small mirrors which meet the minimum requirements and use cameras as supplement for the decreased size.

There is a data limit on model 3 / Ys too, and its less than 90 minutes:

I dont have rights here, but even if I did (have mod rights here) I wouldnt delete the thread, because the thread statement IS true. There is a data limit. This particular OP is very (very) good at this particular type of post, with "this particular type of post" being "some content designed specifically to try to get conversation going, without breaking the forum rules".

I dont have rights here, but even if I did (have mod rights here) I wouldnt delete the thread, because the thread statement IS true. There is a data limit. This particular OP is very (very) good at this particular type of post, with "this particular type of post" being "some content designed specifically to try to get conversation going, without breaking the forum rules".
Otgay otay aypay ethay olltray olltay :D