Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably best to avoid asking questions if you aren't actually interested in finding answers to them. 🤷‍♂️
Hi, 2daMoon --

My question was, " Could you provide a few examples of things they've been wrong about?" because I thought you might have some hanging around. It's OK if you'd rather I do my own research, but my interest in the issue is too low for that to happen.

As the mods have noted, this subject is closed.

Yours,
RP

Reactions: alexxs88
Hi, 2daMoon --

My question was, " Could you provide a few examples of things they've been wrong about?" because I thought you might have some hanging around. It's OK if you'd rather I do my own research, but my interest in the issue is too low for that to happen.

As the mods have noted, this subject is closed.

Yours,
RP

..., teach a man to fish Google and avoid having to do it for them for a lifetime

for giggles, I googled the components from your user name... which may offer some explanation for anyone interested in doing the same

Last edited:
I’m kind of of that mind as well. I doubt Elon deliberately lies. He is overly optimistic and wrong…a lot. I used to be more of a fan. Not so much anymore. I struggle with balancing his past contributions to the company to the obvious damage he is doing to its image now. And is it really damage…or maybe he is still making the right decisions in a difficult times. At my knowledge level I just don’t know.

I know the EV Facebook groups here where people often ask about which EV to buy often stipulate that it can’t be a tesla because they refuse to support musk. That is sad to see. I’m not sure what the PR fix is for this. But I believe it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

We are holding long term with our remaining few shares and supported the boards recommendations across the board. I would and will buy another tesla in a heartbeat although if we end up needing a truck next year we would consider a lightning because of availability.

I hope Elon figures it all out. We are going to take a little break from the board for awhile. Wishing everyone safe travels and good tesla days.

👍👍
I think all this is just a bit overblown..

I just spoke to a colleague who bought a model Y.
"Did you consider any other cars?"
- yeah, I test drove Polestar 2 and Volvi xc40 recharge. They cost the same and both sucked compared to Tesla.

"Does supporting Musk bother you?"
- what, who's that? oh yeah the Tesla guy. I dunno, should it?

Just to prove that as Tesla is becoming more and more mainstream, there are a lot of buyers who don't follow Musk or care what he's up to.. just like any other car manufacturer. I don't even know who the ceo of vw is right now. Not that I really care.

It's the product that sells. I'm not worried.

I don't disagree, but I think a 5-10x improvement will shin through. There's not enough variability in the way it's collected to be able to mask such an improvement.
Well, it will be harder and harder to detect differences when people had a hard time over the short term detecting differences when they fixed thousands of problems just to get 1 miles disengagement free to 10 miles disengagement free.

I have just disengaged once after almost a week and a half (due to a tighter Uturn that failed). Now imagine if they just fixed this one problem, I may go 10 weeks without disengagement so this 10x will not even be noticeable.

So we are at a point where they no longer have to fix hundreds of problems to show improvements, but just a few problems to show improvement. Now it's all about if Tesla can fix those troubled spot everyone is facing. And frankly it's probably just 1 or 2 troubled spots for most and if fixed, you may not have disengagements for weeks.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago and several hundred pages ago, I observed that Tesla had entered the era of having to do conquest sales. I also observed that it would be interesting to see Tesla’s response to this. Now a couple of days ago Apple News picked up a Quartz article concerning a survey on Tesla done by a survey organization. The survey showed that less than 8% of buyers would consider a Tesla. No mention was made of Elon or FUD . However, the survey did show a very high negative quotient. It will be difficult to turn things around until this is solved. I hope Tesla figures this out. I can’t see how anyone would stick their head in the sand about this. Conquest sales are impossible in this atmosphere.
[/QUOTE]

"Baidu’s General Manager for the autonomous driving department, Xu Baoqiang, told Shanghai Securities News that the auto company would consider potential collaboration opportunities with Tesla. Baidu might use specific Tesla applications in China."

I guess that´s part of the deal, Tesla gets Baidu´s maps and Baidu can use FSD for its robotaxies.. Wonder if either party still gets money

A few weeks ago and several hundred pages ago, I observed that Tesla had entered the era of having to do conquest sales. I also observed that it would be interesting to see Tesla’s response to this. Now a couple of days ago Apple News picked up a Quartz article concerning a survey on Tesla done by a survey organization. The survey showed that less than 8% of buyers would consider a Tesla. No mention was made of Elon or FUD . However, the survey did show a very high negative quotient. It will be difficult to turn things around until this is solved. I hope Tesla figures this out. I can’t see how anyone would stick their head in the sand about this. Conquest sales are impossible in this atmosphere.

A lovely story indeed.

I think I have heard of the world renown "A Survey Organization" and their reputation for a stalwart zeal in making surveys to order.

Maybe you can provide further illumination on the demographic surveyed, how many participated, and perhaps the wording of the survey questions as it is always a thrill to witness the precision going into a well-designed survey.

Many people just love to take results alone from this fine survey company, but to see the craftsmanship up close can lend a perspective that may often be breathtaking to an enthusiast.

You may have guessed, I am a Survey Spotter. Y'know, like a Train Spotter, but with surveys.

I think all this is just a bit overblown..

I just spoke to a colleague who bought a model Y.
"Did you consider any other cars?"
- yeah, I test drove Polestar 2 and Volvi xc40 recharge. They cost the same and both sucked compared to Tesla.

"Does supporting Musk bother you?"
- what, who's that? oh yeah the Tesla guy. I dunno, should it?

Just to prove that as Tesla is becoming more and more mainstream, there are a lot of buyers who don't follow Musk or care what he's up to.. just like any other car manufacturer. I don't even know who the ceo of vw is right now. Not that I really care.

It's the product that sells. I'm not worried.
I tend to agree. I believe many, if not most people, are not caught up in the drama of Tesla the company or Elon the man.
I was reminded of this when I had a chance to talk to the owners of the first Cybertruck I saw in the wild.
On this particular Saturday, this husband and wife were practicing parking their CT at the elementary school because the wife would be taking the children to school in the CT on Monday - hubby said, "I don't want her running over any 1st graders" :D. They had just picked the CT at the delivery center a few hours prior.

As early CT owners, I assumed that they were Tesla and/or Elon fans but I quickly found out they knew little about both.
This was their first Tesla and they didn't know the names of the other models. Never heard about Regen braking, etc.
Once they found out I owned 3 Teslas they had a slew of questions (home charging, driving settings, sentry mode, etc).
They happened to be at a friend's house during the reveal event and they ordered on the spot. They don't own the stock, don't follow the company and from what I gathered, don't care either way about Elon.

I know this is a sample of 2 but I have found this indifference to Tesla and Elon often during discussions with family, friends and ex-work colleagues.

A lovely story indeed.

I think I have heard of the world renown "A Survey Organization" and their reputation for a stalwart zeal in making surveys to order.

Maybe you can provide further illumination on the demographic surveyed, how many participated, and perhaps the wording of the survey questions as it is always a thrill to witness the precision going into a well-designed survey.

Many people just love to take results alone from this fine survey company, but to see the craftsmanship up close can lend a perspective that may often be breathtaking to an enthusiast.

You may have guessed, I am a Survey Spotter. Y'know, like a Train Spotter, but with surveys.
I know nothing about the organization or its methodology. However, it is not unreasonable to point out an event picked up by multiple news sources. True or not it has impact. I don’t think anyone on this site doubts that negative publicity exists. Unfortunately, my own personal experience would tend to the belief that this may well be in the realm of a possibility. Sales figures would lend some credence, also. I think I might join the cat off site for a while.

I tend to agree. I believe many, if not most people, are not caught up in the drama of Tesla the company or Elon the man.
I was reminded of this when I had a chance to talk to the owners of the first Cybertruck I saw in the wild.
On this particular Saturday, this husband and wife were practicing parking their CT at the elementary school because the wife would be taking the children to school in the CT on Monday - hubby said, "I don't want her running over any 1st graders" :D. They had just picked the CT at the delivery center a few hours prior.

As early CT owners, I assumed that they were Tesla and/or Elon fans but I quickly found out they knew little about both.
This was their first Tesla and they didn't know the names of the other models. Never heard about Regen braking, etc.
Once they found out I owned 3 Teslas they had a slew of questions (home charging, driving settings, sentry mode, etc).
They happened to be at a friend's house during the reveal event and they ordered on the spot. They don't own the stock, don't follow the company and from what I gathered, don't care either way about Elon.

I know this is a sample of 2 but I have found this indifference to Tesla and Elon often during discussions with family, friends and ex-work colleagues.
This is consistent with 90% of sales in 2023 were to first time Tesla customers. I come across this all the time where people are first time buyers of teslas and completely oblivious to so much of the minutiae we pore over here.

Probably true.

It's also worth noting that shorts can pretty easily submit false data to the community FSD tracker. The only barrier they present to anyone registering and submitting false data is asking for a screenshot of the Tesla App, which could pretty easily be faked:

Screenshot_20240515-180929.png

There are only a total of 194 users submitting data. Just a handful of bears that photoshopped Tesla app screenshots submitting a couple of fake critical disengagements every week could really skew the results.

Agreed. Everyone here is hyper-sensitized to Musk and all things Tesla. Almost everyone else doesn't know, doesn't care.