Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla lack of communication re windshield repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

azred

Apr 12, 2016
Chandler, AZ
I had a windshield replaced at Safelite two weeks ago. FYI they work on tons of Tesla windshields but somehow the tech damaged the humidity sensor. Living in Phoenix that particular part is about as non-essential as it could be, but of course I want it fixed by them.

Two weeks later and Tesla’s automated system repeatedly says part will be delivered to Safelite “tomorrow.” I finally found someone at corporate Safelite who said in recent weeks even they are having trouble reaching their usual Tesla contacts, yet they are aware the delivery “tomorrow” is BS. They are trying to reach someone to get accurate information. I thanked them but noted I was anything but surprised that contacting Tesla these days is a nightmare. BTW they used to be able to work directly with the Scottsdale Service Center on such issues, which made things very easy. Again, those of us who have been customers for seven years or longer remember those days. One could even get answers to questions from Fremont staff.

Musk has really destroyed customer service but these days he is only interested in tweeting, firing people and getting his pay package. Meanwhile Tesla is a communications Black Hole. Eventually the company will pay a price.