Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just put a Pioneer Apple CarPlay Receiver in Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I would like to upgrade my 2 DIN Roadster original head unit, with a wireless carplay unit, do you know good solutions fitting with the roadster)
(I am also looking for a new audio setup too, speakers, Subwoofer)
Thanks for your support !

Most 2-din radios should fit well, check out this list from crutchfield(Android Auto Compatible Car Stereos at Crutchfield ). The Kenwood DMX958XR is a nice unit. There was an old thread indicating that the roadster used a VW harness connector. Will have to track it down.

If you willing to do some cutting/ adapting then 5.25" speakers can fit in the front.The easy route it to go with 4" components for front and back. These focal units are pricey, but are essentially drop-in and sound an order of magnitude better than stock ( Focal ES 100 KE )

Expect a 6" sub for the rear in sealed enclosure. Morel makes some good ones.

Reactions: WillNTO
Most 2-din radios should fit well, check out this list from crutchfield(Android Auto Compatible Car Stereos at Crutchfield ). The Kenwood DMX958XR is a nice unit. There was an old thread indicating that the roadster used a VW harness connector. Will have to track it down.

If you willing to do some cutting/ adapting then 5.25" speakers can fit in the front.The easy route it to go with 4" components for front and back. These focal units are pricey, but are essentially drop-in and sound an order of magnitude better than stock ( Focal ES 100 KE )

Expect a 6" sub for the rear in sealed enclosure. Morel makes some good ones.
Thanks a lot for those info!
Yeah I was not sure about the head unit. I heard it got one specificity like you said.

Actually, the focal setup you recommended is cheaper here (I’m in France) so I will do it for sure!

Reactions: MCroadster