Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there an alternative to Modern Spare?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, you win. Everything you've stated about hub-centric vs. lug-centric wheels is correct. I've known this for many decades.

Okay, I win. This is for temporary use only.

Can we stop now, or do I have to leave God-awful Texas and fly to Queenstown to discuss this in person?🍺

Seriously, let's stop.

I guess my question is then, if the MYP doesn't have a spare or run flats, and somebody got a flat, how good/fast is Tesla's Roadside to get a wheel/tire on the vehicle and get you going again? 30 minutes. Hours, days?!?! Get an Uber and come back when they say its fixed??? Experiences?

I guess my question is then, if the MYP doesn't have a spare or run flats, and somebody got a flat, how good/fast is Tesla's Roadside to get a wheel/tire on the vehicle and get you going again? 30 minutes. Hours, days?!?! Get an Uber and come back when they say its fixed??? Experiences?
Based on history in the threads, it's a wide range (I know you don't want to hear that, sorry). Depends on: location, time, is it a holiday, weather..... Also, who knows if Elon trimmed (or may trim) the Roadside budget.

Many folks keep a backup plug kit (and learn to use it) and compressor as another backup option. Tesla Roadside may be able to come out in 30 min, or could be hours... YMMV

What do you think other brands' owners do when they get a flat? The vast majority of new cars do NOT have spare tires.

Tesla is unusual because it pretends to be able to rescue any Tesla with a flat. This works well in urban areas, assuming the number of requests if low.

AAA probably has an equal or better average of rescuing you if you have a flat.