Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So from what I can gather - my car and presumably many others heading to Aussie are sitting at the Tanjong Pagar terminal offloaded from the Leo Spirit where they will sit until early July. The vessel to Australia is a placeholder currently, so we will see how that pans out. ETD is July 2nd, ETA July 17th in Brisbane. Quite the wait! Hard to imagine they sit at port for so long.

If I had to guess, yours is on the Leo Spirit coming, unusually, via West-East. Throw your VIN in here to confirm. RoRo. If so, it may come in quite a bit closer, for some reason they've confirmed the Adelaide cars as staying on Leo Spirit but not the WA, and possibly, the Brisbane.

All the same, this is a long trip and not the norm, if I'm right.
Looks like it is doing a milk run. Currently it is on its way north from Singapore to Bangkok. Maybe before it does the Oz loop counterclockwise and NZ in there somewhere?

Hey that's a perfectly fair call, I've heard it used to be a much longer waiting list. They did give me the initial estimate of 1-2 months though and then doubled that which is a bit of a let down still to say the least.

You're right actually! Thanks so much for this, I had no idea you could look this up by VIN. I've seen people receive emails telling them what RORO their car is on but I hadn't received one. I had assumed it was sitting at port. Looks like it's getting quite the scenic journey of SEA before arriving :)
Are you able to tell me, on the itinerary, what date it has yours leaving Thailand?

Hi everyone! I have a Performance on order, destination NSW, order date was 6 May.

My EDD is still showing Jul - Sep 2024.

Did I "miss the boat", so to speak?
Delivery time sounds about right. Delivery date will all depend where in the waiting line you sit. Some people get lucky a.d are assigned an already built vehicle from a cancelled order. The wait seems to take forever while you wait for that all important vin assignment. I suggest you get the tesla vin assignment plug in for chrome. When you are signed in to your tesla account, with the plugin installed you will get a notification if a vin has been assigned to you. Vin assignments usually occur once your vehicle is loaded onto a ship. You will then get a message from tesla with the ship details. Then you can track your ship. Once your car is offloaded everything starts to move forward at a faster pace. Usually 2 weeks after unloading. In no time you will be in the tesla Delivery centre getting a photo of you and your car. Since you bought the performance model there will be more photos coming from your state government, of your car as it passes through speed cameras 😀. Be patient, it's worth the wait.

Reactions: dronus and Gavarse
Update on my order and service experience with Tesla: Picked up 25th, when car tinted on 27th the tinter noticed a scratch inside passenger front door glass. Tesla came to my work today (two days later) and replaced it while I worked. I had to deal with Mazda for the last month with my old car and I had to take the car there to get diagnosed and then bring it back and then wait for the part and all in all cost me over $100 in Ubers. So this experience was a real positive ! I didn't even know Tesla did this. So moral of story or TLDR Check the bloody windows with a light or something (could only really see once tinted) and Tesla service seems to be excellent.

Just got my trade-in offer. Short story - don't bother it's a waste of time.

They claim 48 hour response time after your order is assigned, but took them 5 days. They lowballed me at about 1/3 the redbook valuation and 1/4 to 1/5 what I should be able to sell it for privately. Car has very low km so it should be some amount higher than the average.

Not sure what their valuation process is, but it's a complete waste of time for everyone involved in my experience. It's also non-negotiable so all in all a flawed process for getting what it's worth.

Just got my trade-in offer. Short story - don't bother it's a waste of time.

They claim 48 hour response time after your order is assigned, but took them 5 days. They lowballed me at about 1/3 the redbook valuation and 1/4 to 1/5 what I should be able to sell it for privately. Car has very low km so it should be some amount higher than the average.

Not sure what their valuation process is, but it's a complete waste of time for everyone involved in my experience. It's also non-negotiable so all in all a flawed process for getting what it's worth.
You are never going to get a great trade-in price at Tesla.

They don't sell used cars so they have to on-sell it to another dealer for a start. They also have a set sales price for their vehicles so they can't play games with an inflated price on the vehicle and offer you more on your trade-in to make you feel like you are getting a good deal. It can be more convenient, but it's never going to be as good as you could get selling it directly through an organisation that does this sort of thing or selling it privately if you want to go through that hassle.

It's a much better more transparent system where there's no 'special deals' and you are not subsidising the likes of Hertz or just someone else who can negotiate better.

Reactions: sammody and dronus