Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Even with Sleepyhead's departure I have continued to 'buy and hold' CSIQ, JASO, and SPWR.

Largest % increase for me today Western Lithium Mining. Very volatile. Some have speculated TM will buy them. I doubt it. Their major product helps with fracking.

Anybody know what's going on with MBLY? Dramatic rise in volume at flat price in the last hour of trading on Friday, up >3% today.
Do you think this will be an interesting stock before Model X reveal? Over at the Model X forums, the consensus seems to be that a far more complete version of their product will be used for Model X's autonomous capabilities.

Anybody know what's going on with MBLY? Dramatic rise in volume at flat price in the last hour of trading on Friday, up >3% today.
Do you think this will be an interesting stock before Model X reveal? Over at the Model X forums, the consensus seems to be that a far more complete version of their product will be used for Model X's autonomous capabilities.
The company earned $0.08 per share in the first quarter, a penny better than analysts were expecting. Similarly, revenue of $45.6 million was higher than the $44.23 million analysts were expecting.
Mobileye Shares Higher Following Q1 Beat - Yahoo Finance
Mobileye Q1 Earnings Beat (NYSE: MBLY) - 24/7 Wall St.

Mobileye Rises on Q1 Beat; Street Lauds New Business - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Last edited:

Yes, the X will have some Mobeleye in it but I believe the radar/sensors are from Bosch. It appears that TM will integrate the systems into the X so it won't be all Mobileye or Bosch.
I have followed MBLY since the IPO. It has been up/down but seems to be hovering in the $40-45 range.

Yes, the X will have some Mobeleye in it but I believe the radar/sensors are from Bosch. It appears that TM will integrate the systems into the X so it won't be all Mobileye or Bosch.
I have followed MBLY since the IPO. It has been up/down but seems to be hovering in the $40-45 range.

Thanks for the info! Do you have any insight into what their competitive advantage is over other players in this increasingly crowded space? Or why Tesla chose them to supply their collision avoidance/autonomous driving software?

As investment, though, the Sierra Club types are dead-set against desalination, since they think it allows more "advanced civilization" and they always think that's a bad thing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but that's the Sierra Club effect. It's a pity, since we need a pro-human pro-civilization pro-environment movement, which the current political powerhouses are not. Every desal plant considered locally has been deep-sixed as in murdered.
This supposed anti-"advanced civilization" stance and your "commie" comments are bizarre to me.

Here's a sample of the Sierra Club's actual stance on desalination (including suggestions of what should be done):
Desalination destroys the environment and isn't a quick fix for Southern California's water woes | Sierra Club - Angeles Chapter

Thanks for the info! Do you have any insight into what their competitive advantage is over other players in this increasingly crowded space? Or why Tesla chose them to supply their collision avoidance/autonomous driving software?
There biggest advantage is their data base for their camera based driver assist. They have been doing this for years and are ahead of others at this point. I do not know how long this advNtage will last. I would point out that many auto makers have chosen their camera based system over others because it is reliable and inexpensive. I have no $ in it now. Was in and out at the IPO

The only non-TM tech news that I noticed over this long holiday weekend was a reference to Qualcomm assisting MB with an integrated chip that, most notably according to the article, helped enable them to offer cableless vehicle charging Daimler and Qualcomm to develop in-car tech, wireless charging - Yahoo Finance

It seems this is for rather painfully slow inductive charging of very small batteries; the snippy crowd might consider it something worthy of a car company whose dealers offer a service "to come in and have us change your car's clock to Daylight Saving Time".

I own shares in a company I have followed for a long time. It is not a traditional tech company in the way many think of tech, but I see some discussion of medical products so thought I would throw this one to the mix. FD: I own shares and would love to see this post help the share price move along...

Years ago during the bird flu scare, I think 2007, I happened upon this company as a novel vaccine maker. It had no products on the market and was subject to massive hype. I lost some money.

As time went on, it stayed on my radar, and with maturity I think I saw things in a different manner. I adapted my hyperkinetic trading, focused on future growth stocks I could understand. I did well with TSLA stock/options. I've traded in and out some on this company, now have a lot riding on it.

NOVAVAX: NVAX Novavax www.novavax.com

Traditional vaccines are made using live viruses, grown in eggs, the virus gets inactivated or knocked back, the body recognizes the virus, builds immunity. The newer vaccines for HPV are manufactured from virus like particles, not a live virus. NVAX has proven the ability to make novel vaccines in similar manner. They have ongoing studies for several products, the biggest of which is for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), a virus that companies have been trying to tame for many years. The CEO of the company thinks the RSV vaccine could become the best selling vaccine ever (or some other grandiose statement). RSV affects many newborns, is a major cause of newborn hospitalizations, and also affects the elderly. Data thus far has been promising. NVAX also developed vaccine candidates for H7N9 and Ebola, generally within 3 months of getting genetic info on the virus. In 2 animal studies, the EBOLA candidate conferred immunity, all animals lived, all control animals died. They are also working on quadrivalent flu vaccines, and hope to pair this vaccine up with RSV. Two candidates have received fast track designation in the states. They are partnered up with Cadilla in India.

They recently did a secondary offering and expect to have money on hand for several years.
Price decline to 7.25 secondary offering is max risk in my opinion, current price flirting with 9.
Institutional ownership at an all time high >65% Novavax, Inc. (NVAX) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com (THat is more than TSLA)
9 days short interest.
I've done simple back of the napkin calculations for future value based upon RSV alone, future target 33-83. This target was pre dilution.
Near term target 17, again simple back of napkin.
I've watched a few other pharmas get irrational with P/Es. If this happens, price target >200.
Company leadership has built, grown, sold company before.
THey are engaging thought leaders in the industry to create RSV support.
They are hiring.
The executives have said many times over that the coming 2 quarters have lots of catalysts.
There is a new owner of 14M shares

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting story, nursebee. Bringing up RSV made me think of ICN's ribavirin/virazole, a story of some 20-25 years ago. Does anyone know current state of affairs with that one?

MBLY is moving up. Classic TA breakout.

CEO Ziv Aviram says a U.S. carmaker — rumored to be Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) — will soon launch a semiautonomous, nearly hands-free-driving car for highway use, using Mobileye's camera technology.

Anyone has details about the semiautonomous feature?

MBLY is moving up. Classic TA breakout.

CEO Ziv Aviram says a U.S. carmaker — rumored to be Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) — will soon launch a semiautonomous, nearly hands-free-driving car for highway use, using Mobileye's camera technology.

Anyone has details about the semiautonomous feature?

Thx, I threw $5K at this, let's see how it goes!

QUOTE: "at a far end of the expo I saw an exoskeleton with an extendable gravity-balancing arm and attachable grinder. I had to try it on.

The rig was a prototype designed and built by Ekso Bionics, a wearable bionics company specializing in gait training for individuals with various levels of lower body weakness. There are currently around 100 Eksos, the company’s flagship weight-bearing medical exoskeleton, in the field, a rep told me. It seemed the new prototype, of which there are currently only two, might be a play to get those overseeing manual laborers to invest in exoskeletons up front, to spare bad backs and related medical costs.

The problem for me, and people of similar stature, is apparently I am just under the ideal height (I’m 5’6), so the upper parts of the rig were a little tall on me. The key with exoskeletons, according to the rep, is to align the joints of the suit with the joints of the person wearing it. Jeffrey Vickers, the mechatronics engineer at Ekso Bionics, made a height adjustment to the frame, and cinched down the shoulder and waist straps. I took a few steps forward.

The suit made me feel quite light. I was able to fully bend my knees and walk in circles, even though my hip and the suit hip weren’t perfectly aligned. It didn’t follow my step as tightly as it would for someone over six feet tall (the size frame this prototype was designed to fit, I’m told) though I couldn’t see it taking long to get used to, either way.

I felt like I could go clear a stand of old growth pines.

Then came the gravity-balancing arm and grinder. The suit doesn’t lighten a load per se, but supports the weight of specific objects strapped to it by distributing the weight evenly around the frame. Together, the arm and grinder added between 20 and 30 pounds onto my right arm, and yet I felt nothing. The arm unlocked, and I could swerve the grinder in and out at a length of about four feet.

“Think you could work like that for eight hours?” Vickers asked. “The whole idea is you won’t feel this weight.”

I felt like I could go clear a stand of old growth pines.

“Now you’re a worker.”

This part catched my eye. Article.
Exoskeleton produced by publicly traded company. They sold 110 of them by last year, mostly to rehab centers, but article above imply that their new product could be useful enough to be wearable by workers. It would be possible to remove human with machine learning algorithms eventually and this means getting walking robots. Well if they try to pursue those markets in the future. Anyhow each piece cost like a new Tesla Roadster at the moment.

Ekso Bionics - An exoskeleton bionic suit or a wearable robot that helps people walk again

Last edited: