Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rack 18" Wheels - Available for '20 MYP but not '21-'23?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone looked into 18" Tire Rack wheels recently with a 2020 MYP and noticed that 18" are available? I tried other years, and 18" is not listed for them.

I called, they said that the '22 (the only year I asked about) was incompatible due to the "Brake Actuator" clearance - they didn't specify whether this meant caliper, or parking brake actuator, but it was in their notes for fitment.

If you put in 2020 Model Y Performance w/21" wheels on the website, a plethora of inexpensive 18" wheels come up for purchase.

The 2020 had the exact same brakes as later models, right? Wondering if it's worth taking the risk with any of these for the Winter, or if anyone's gone this route with a Model YP and can confirm their selection will fit.

Last edited:
If I remember I'll peek under our 2022 MYP with 19's and see what looks like it's close... BUT from what I remember when I installed them there was tons of clearance everywhere. Made me surprised there was any question an 18 would fit actually. I can get the specs from our 19's as well. If I foget PM me.

If I remember I'll peek under our 2022 MYP with 19's and see what looks like it's close... BUT from what I remember when I installed them there was tons of clearance everywhere. Made me surprised there was any question an 18 would fit actually. I can get the specs from our 19's as well. If I foget PM me.
Thanks! If you could take a peek at the front and rear that would be great. I'm leaning towards getting a set of MSW 18s from Tire Rack regardless of their advice, but I'm hesitant because it's not a 100% guarantee. (Model 3 18" Aeros don't fit on any MYP, for example)

Thanks! If you could take a peek at the front and rear that would be great. I'm leaning towards getting a set of MSW 18s from Tire Rack regardless of their advice, but I'm hesitant because it's not a 100% guarantee. (Model 3 18" Aeros don't fit on any MYP, for example)
I had a similar plan for my MYLR. I took it into Discount Tire (owns Tirerack) and their computer interface in the store could see a lot more fitment options than what was available on both websites. Not sure if they have a store near you, but that was very helpful in getting my 18"s that didn't show available online.

• Informative
Reactions: e645824 and jcanoe