Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Universal Mobile Connector is no longer standard equipment with new orders after 8 July 2022??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had a Tesla Gen 3 installed and it cost $780 for the wall connector (now $750 in the online store) and $650 for installation by an electrician. This was for 3 phase with a safety switch and isolator switch included. I already have 3 phase but single phase 32 amp would have been fine. I don't have a garage so needed a wall connector as the UMC isn't water resistant. I don't think the cost is too prohibitive.
Thanks for that.
Didn't even think about the UMC not being water resistant.... looks like I'll need to budget for a wall connector/sparky after all.

And you know what else, @Blaq? I just realised that our orders are the exact same spec 😳 Jinx!

The current AUS manual for the UMC states it is IP55 rated which is water resistant.
'IP55 = It is protected against water jets projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) from any direction'
The older ones were only IP44.
Had mine outside in rail and hail completely unprotected since I got the car in March and still working fine. Noting have had alot of rain in Sydney in this time.

Thems fightin words😉
This one's for you, @Blaq ... (couldn't help myself..😋)

1657611116141.png

• Funny
Reactions: paulp and Blaq
Did you find an experienced electrician in Perth @sparkles ?
There are many who are used to installing 32 amp sockets and chargers for Teslas, but Delco 0430 007 647 is one of the best.
Thanks so much for the recommendation, @Techno-phile
I haven't gotten around to it yet, so will be sure to give Delco a call. Would definitely prefer to use someone with experience 🙂

Reactions: Techno-phile
Thanks so much for the recommendation, @Techno-phile
I haven't gotten around to it yet, so will be sure to give Delco a call. Would definitely prefer to use someone with experience 🙂
Remember to consider installing just a 32 amp 5pin socket on its own EV circuit. Then you plug in an UMC or an HPWC whichever you find to be better for you. And be able to take the UMC or HPWC on bush trips round WA where we have many 32 amp 5 pin sockets

Tesla's now sending out a broadcast SMS informing us that all cars delivered before 31 March 2023 will have a UMC included, regardless of when the order was placed.

Tesla Update: If your vehicle is delivered before the 31st of March, Tesla will include a complimentary Universal Mobile Charger. As soon as a vehicle is assigned to you from the factory, we will notify you immediately as well.