Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Virtual Power Plant in CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, I suspect I am in… 7 days to jump from ELRP to DSGS! My VPP screen shows 2824 Fleet Homes participating and clicking the Program Facts both suggest I am switched over.

Do newcomers have to wait until June to start receiving VPP-DSGS events? Did anyone get any May events?

Attachments

• IMG_4071.jpeg
    IMG_4071.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4072.jpeg
    IMG_4072.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 3
Wow, I suspect I am in… 7 days to jump from ELRP to DSGS! My VPP screen shows 2824 Fleet Homes participating and clicking the Program Facts both suggest I am switched over.

Do newcomers have to wait until June to start receiving VPP-DSGS events? Did anyone get any May events?
I also got in the DSGS with a very short wait just about a week.

I did not hear about any events in May this year.

Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
The original ELRP program was mostly Aug.ust and September, but there were also non-CASIO alert test events in June and July. When I went through the original program information, in pretty sure that there was a commitment of at least one event in each month. I'll need to find the specifics.
I see the language as well that there is to be one event per month, and no more than 35 per year.

I see the language as well that there is to be one event per month, and no more than 35 per year.
This is noted here: https://www.tesla.com/support/energy/virtual-power-plant/dsgs
Participation
Once you are enrolled in the program, Tesla will call upon the Virtual Power Plant when wholesale electricity prices exceed $200/MWh. When these events occur, your Powerwall will dispatch energy back to the grid. You can expect events to occur between May and October, from 4 PM to 9 PM. Events will be no longer than two hours. There will be at least one event per month with no more than 35 events each summer.
Looks like I confused the ELRP maximum of 60 hours with the DSGS maximum of 70 hours.