Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
genuine suggestion,

in a neutral manner ask around among people you know in a position to buy a Tesla what their thoughts are on Tesla and their cars (keep it to people who do not know your opinion). I’m pretty confident you’ll find that there’s been material sabotage of their opinion, and demand for the products.

Well said. I know quite a few who still believe competition has already crushed Tesla or it is only a matter of time.

Just want to ask one thing: 1 year ago, when tesla reported the delivery of 83500 total vehicles, was anyone here in this forum, any single one, predicting that tesla could only deliver 97xxx 1 entire year later?
People were saying that it was all backlog from the reservations and would be downhill from there. I think we have proved the demand side of that. Now its production. But I think we were expecting 100k plus.

Just want to ask one thing: 1 year ago, when tesla reported the delivery of 83500 total vehicles, was anyone here in this forum, any single one, predicting that tesla could only deliver 97xxx 1 entire year later?
Q3 delivery number was juiced with production withheld from Q2 to delay the sunset of the Federal credit...

Nafnlaus on Twitter

"HAHA, as if @elonmusk is going to turn that SWAMP into a FACTORY in just 8 MONTHS! Look, they're putting CRANES out in the dirt as a stunt! What a stupid... ... oh... ..."

That artist's rendering vs actual photo shows Tesla failed to achieve their plan. They put the company name on the wrong wall.

I don't have a good feeling for Wednesday..

I do. I want the stock to stay low for the next few months while I continue to accumulate. I want the run-up, when it comes, to be quick and violent like in 2013, to extract maximum dollars from shorts and manipulators.

I doubt that such a violent pop will come from Wednesday. More likely is next year after Battery Day or self-driving breakthroughs or some other game-changing announcement. The longer the wait, the better for me.

A year ago in Q3 18 Tesla produced 53,239 model 3 vehicles.
A year later in Q3 19 that has grown 50% to 79,837 model 3 vehicles.

Good luck finding someone who doesn’t think that is impressive year over year growth.

Many at our workplace believe Tesla went broke last year.
I wonder how they got that idea o_O
DZurrX-U0AAUthg.jpg

Actually, Elon said 360-400k right during Q4 2018 ER. Some people were not listening and assumed more, but Elon knew something we didn't.
I think 360-380k is probably still in the cards for the year.

Keep in mind, too, that the past three dips were neutralized in 2-4 days. This is a big change from August, when hedge funds which sold calls expiring that Friday could engineer dips on steroids (dips enhanced with short-selling) from otherwise-small macro of FUD-related dips. The stock price would be recovering but before it was fully recovered the next dip on steroids happened. This allowed the hedge funds to make out like bandits every Friday. Tesla's trading environment is one where bounce-backs are more common in September and October. The hedge funds have overall lost money in their manipulations the past two weeks and would like to reestablish their control, but may not be able to, due to improving outlook for Tesla's future.

View attachment 468619

And that is why I've been saying sentiment has changed from negative to positive. Obviously, there will still be bumps in the road but I think we are heading for a higher trading range for November/December.

Reactions: Cherry Wine
My guess a coalition government between the liberals and the NDP. Minority governments can be a good thing if done right.
Might help EV and particularly Tesla sales in Canada (possibly like Norway strong even)! The NDP who would prop up the Liberal minority government proposed eliminating the federal sales tax on EVs. That's worth I believe 5% [corrected not 7% thanks @Chasingmars ] so significant for Tesla with near-luxury/luxury pricing. And keeping on top of that is the $5000 CAD direct to dealer/manufacturer incentive that already exists. So if the NDP and also the 3 seat Green party push the EV / renewables agenda, there could be a much stronger mini-Norway situation in Canada in the next 4 years.

Last edited:
So a positive business insider article and they noted the current SR+ pricing. I checked the Tesla site and the pricing is correct. At $47,700 the margins would seem to be high even at high depreciation rates in Q4 when production is likely less then 1000 cars a week. Q2 if they maintain pricing margins should be over 30% at an average production rate of 2000. I would assume pricing will decline a bit as production ramps up, but demand could be much higher then production for a while. No Y production in Shanghai for at least 6 months after Fremont, as 100% of initial Y will be on P and LR AWD.

Tesla clears a major hurdle to begin electric vehicle production in China

Reactions: M|S|W and BBone
Might help EV and particularly Tesla sales in Canada (possibly like Norway strong even)! The NDP who would prop up the Liberal minority government proposed eliminating the federal sales tax on EVs. That's worth I believe 7% so significant for Tesla with near-luxury/luxury pricing. And keeping on top of that is the $5000 CAD direct to dealer/manufacturer incentive that already exists. So if the NDP and also the 3 seat Green party push the EV / renewables agenda, there could be a much stronger mini-Norway situation in Canada in the next 4 years.

Yah I don’t think the greens are going to play nice with the NDP. But between the NDP and Liberals they have enough seats to make an effective coalition.

On a side note, I am absolutely thrilled and proud to see the multicultural makeup of the candidates. Asian, Indian, Muslim, Sikh, white, black. Just really nice to see.

Might help EV and particularly Tesla sales in Canada ... there could be a much stronger mini-Norway situation in Canada in the next 4 years.

To some extent there already is, if I remember correctly, about 50% of Canadian EV sales are in one province, Quebec, which has about 25% of the population, so the uptake here is about three times that of the average of the rest of the country. And I think BC is over-represented also. Good luck finding many EV's in Alberta though! (Come to think of it, I do know of one :) )

That's worth I believe 7%

Canadian Federal Sales Tax (the "GST") is 5%. Provincial Sales tax adds another 0% to 10% or so depending what province you are in.

Last edited: