Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might read your post incorrectly, but BMW i3 and i8 and i-MiEVs are not included in others category I believe - usually, they are mostly Tesla and other imported cars, including gas cars.
http://www.jada.or.jp/data/month/m-r-hanbai/m-r-brand02/
Others is 321 cars in this data and usually, non Tesla imports are <10 so Tesla sold approx 311 cars in September. They started to sell M3 from 13th of September (I got one on that day too).

The list I referenced is all BEV and PHEV.

No HEV or ICEv of any kind.

Slight OT, but this was spotted today

upload_2019-10-21_20-42-31.png

The 90° loading bays are for sub-assemblies I think (loading low density parts), the 45° ones are for the Body-In-White lines (loading various high density metals - hence the saw-tooth pattern that eases approach and loading).

If that's true then these 90° loading docks are probably for parts. If shipments come in convoys, then the blue trucks could be anything, from electronics, drive train - to seats from Fremont or just tires.

My (wild) guess is the blue trucks are for large volume, low density locally sourced components such as tires or plastics granules? I'd expect GF1 battery packs to come in containers, and these look like regular trailers, right?

Does anyone have any better guesses?
Perhaps it's just down to the size of the plot. If 45° loading was more efficient than 90° why wouldn't they just use it on both sides?

My other thought is that the road around the factory may be one way, which leads the 45° angle to face against the direction of traffic. Perhaps someone didn't like the aesthetics of each side leaning in the opposite direction.

Perhaps it's just down to the size of the plot. If 45° loading was more efficient than 90° why wouldn't they just use it on both sides?

My other thought is that the road around the factory may be one way, which leads the 45° angle to face against the direction of traffic. Perhaps someone didn't like the aesthetics of each side leaning in the opposite direction.

If they build something on the other side of the road, they would need more space between them. The 45 degree angle allows them to park with less road at the expense of density (in comparison, on the other side, with 90 degree parking, they can have more loading bays, but that requires more parking and maneuvering space).

Reactions: pnungesser
We've finally turned the corner. No more exuberant run-ups prior to earnings calls followed by media-juiced crashes the day after. Perhaps investors will simply look the earnings/guidance and start to understand the plan is working?

I think your conclusion is a little premature, more like wishful thinking

Tesla is currently the most searched auto company in the USA on Google.
It's very notable that most of those are SUVs. I have to imagine the Y will wind up pretty high on that list sooner or later as well.
We've finally turned the corner. No more exuberant run-ups prior to earnings calls followed by media-juiced crashes the day after. Perhaps investors will simply look the earnings/guidance and start to understand the plan is working?
I hope so. I sold off a small chunk to hedge against the normal post call/event/news drop but sooner or later this will have to end.

Reactions: Fact Checking
2) The stock has been running down the past two days.

3) It shouldn't be a shock that there was some run-up after A) retiring the downside demand worries, B) GF3 going into production earlier than most in the market expected, C) wait times on Teslas skyrocketing and inventories depleted despite the factory churning out cars as fast as it can

... and several other things which I'm forgetting since the deliveries report.

True. I think the TSLA chart is developing a very nice shape going into earnings.

The market manipulators will try to take the luster off any goodness in the report by trying to slam the price down. But I think it's an uphill battle at this point - their efforts will likely only succeed temporarily (or, in a more bullish scenario, only dampen what might have been a bigger rally). Of course, it depends upon what Tesla discloses. I think the market manipulators actually have a stabilizing effect on TSLA shares (and not in a good way). Their actions help prevent more explosive moves to the upside, instead, they play out over days or weeks.

Last edited: