Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apple fans are extremely loyal. I am one. If Apple were to put out an EV, twice as expensive with lower specs to a comparable size Tesla, even diehard Apple fans would realise they open themselves to ridicule if they buy it.

And then they would convince themselves that it's the greatest thing ever and buy it like good sheeple. But Porsche buyers tend to be more educated on average vs. Apple/iPhone buyers.

I flat out do not think Porsche is going to be able to sell 40k Taycan's. I don't believe they will be able to get the lowest priced Taycan down to anywhere close to what people were thinking which was the 80-90k range. I think when Tesla does their S and X refresh, it will crush low end Taycan demand and I think Roadster 2 will crush high end Taycan demand.
I thought Porsche themselves only planned a production capacity of 10-20k a year?

Reactions: Stars aligned
Yes it is better. I didn’t buy the adapter and wouldn’t because the Tesla network is sufficient (when paired with destination charging).
For the most part it is, but I just moved to South Seattle and would really like access to the Electrify America charger down the road from me. My apartment complex doesn't have a charger on site and the closest supercharger is 30 minutes away in Issaquah.

upload_2019-9-5_17-5-5.png

There’s zero chance he would announce this in advance, let alone IMMEDIATELY after the Taycan spec reveal, if he didnt already know for certain it could make it all the way around without throttling, and beat the Taycan’s time. IMO this implies something more than a mere Raven Model S.