Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what if the Gen 3 is a really small car?
2 doors (or 4 with half size rear suicides and no pillar).

What you describe is more a Pod Car than a car.

• Disagree
Reactions: wipster
Merry Christmas everyone!

I mentioned a few days ago that all I want for Christmas is for the auto wipers to get fixed.

Christmas update was installed a couple of days ago and now they seem to be working great.

Now we can look forward to FSD 12 and a happy new y

So, a Bolt (Ampera e)/Bolt EUV, then?

I don't think I can emphasize enough how obvious this is.

Manufacturers started running away from sedans, then Tesla released the Model 3 and started stomping all over their existing sedan offerings.

Manufacturers have now chased larger vehicles because people will pay more for them, so any company that sells a good, (relatively) cheap, passenger-centric roomy subcompact EV can dominate the small car space in the USA, and sell well around the world.

Even before GM stopped producing the Bolt, Barra was already talking about quickly developing a replacement and it became official in July 2023.

Demographic shift in the USA:
I brought the Bolt comparison up a while ago and how close it is (or was) to the magic $25K price point. My concern was the the "$25K price" might not be enough of a trigger in and of itself to trigger EV sales to go nuts. Sure, Bolt production was limited, but I don't think we've ever seen rabid fans clamoring for one because they were so cheap (i.e. the DEMAND side...even if GM could never build enough). The only glaring issue with the Bolt was its slow DC charging. Of course I hope the "Tesla" variant will somehow have the Tesla "mystique" that will trigger that "new car fever" in a way that the Bolt simply could not. Elon, however, did describe it as utilitarian (or something to that effect) so who knows. Either way, I hope it is more like the aforementioned Volvo EX30...at a $25K price...versus just being a "better Bolt". Ironically, given how GM was lauded for getting the Bolt to market ahead of the Model 3, I could see Tesla having "model 2" (or whatever it is called) prototypes ready before GM gets the revamped Bolt out! We'll see...

The Tesla competition is more from Siemens, BYD, National Grid and the myriad suppliers of peaker power plants and grid services than it is of those old giant car companies.
I wonder if it is safe to say that Tesla is in the process of graduating from the auto market, and matriculating into the graduate school of Energy. If so, the Cybertruck was their brag-worthy senior project.
It appears they have also enrolled in the graduate program of Artificial Intelligence with a minor in Robotics. I expect graduation with full honors in all degrees in the next 4 years.

Refresh Model Y incoming...

Well, it was Christmas when I replied.

FCdqZ9UWQAk0SoV

ROT16 was a thing a long, long time ago... ;)

Cheers!

I suggest TSLA ride the upper BB until the new year.
Then leave the technicals behind and rapidly ascend to the next trading level.

(Not that anyone has asked for my suggestion)

Next year is looking really good to me...
Not a prediction but I'm still looking for us to break above the old trend line. It's about $559 now, and 74 trading days from rolling over to $600.

1703642438080.png

As we close out the year I thought I'd post a conversation I had regarding teslas future. We currently sit at a price we were at three years ago. The last time we experienced this was 2016-2019

1000006004.jpg

As you can see above we bounced around $17 per share for three years. During this time especially going into 2019 we were embroiled in immense amounts of FUD. The bears were pulling fire alarms every day warning everyone of declining demand and declining profits.

1000006005.jpg

For most of us here we continued to purchase shares and hold and by April 2020 we were seeing $32/share for a 88% annual return.

1000006006.jpg

By April 2021 we continued are upward trajectory to see $226/share for a nearly 6X annualized return. However for those of us who had a cost basis of $17 we saw a 12X return from our initial investment within a two year period.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar increase in teslas valuation in the next several years with all of the potential that we are on the verge of experiencing. FSD, robotaxi, Optimus, and energy are sources of enormous growth. For people who've been patiently investing over the last three years it can feel frustrating that the valuation hasn't caught up with our expectations, but we've seen this before. Tesla will continue to grow and the valuation will appreciate for decades to come.

Attachments

• 1000006007.jpg
    1000006007.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 20
Gotta love that 12/29/1899 datum on your chart. A giant leap back for mankind? :eek:
Not my spreadsheet but if you look at the dates you'll see he left a big gap after Nov 8 2023. I guess for a Joke he didn't expect it to live this long.

But every other part of the chart auto updates so even if he leaves it dying on the vine it'll keep getting posted.

1703644903831.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Slow day for the competition still coming to destroy Tesla, but wait.....

View attachment 1003139
What a waste of time. Translating that license plate teaches me only that I now know what "TESTS" looks like in Russian (except that doesn't gibe with googletranslate....).

Besides: we all have Heard that Mr Musk already did, indeed, stop Amber.

The view from the 26th of December:

As of close of market TSLA now is, for the first time in a very long while, in the green for:
* the day +1.6%
* the week +0.6%
* the month +9.6%
* last three months +9.1%
* last six months +2.6%
* year to date +137.4%
* the past year +135.2%

A good way to start the year’s final week.